Grey Britain

Home Forums Memorials Grey Britain

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Triptych Triptych 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Illavim
    Participant
    • Total Posts 34

Sadly reported in racing post as suffering an injury on the Newmarket gallops on Monday. Another good horse lost, condolence to all connections.
    RIP Grey Britain.

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1895

Oh, that’s an awful shame. I’m a big fan of John Ryan’s operation – he does seem to have quite a few likeable types a la Grey Britain. An honestly-campaigned, genuine and rather useful horse who’ll be much missed.

Fondest memory would be him bravely clinging on under an exquisitely judged ride from old Mosse at Newmarket a year or two back.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8526

To come from 2 weeks to see that 3 of my favourite horses have lost their lives has really saddened me.

Grey Brittain was a regular at Newmarket and for me his most outstanding performance(and I think it’s the one you’re remembering Lostsoldier) was last May on the Rowley Mile when he beat UAE Prince at 50/1 with Gerald Mosse on board.
    How he went off af that price I’ll never understand as in the pre parade he looked so fit you could see every rib as he walked round.

A lovely game horse who you could always rely on to run his best, I’m so sad that I’ll never see him again.

RIP Grey Britain..
    Newmarket will be a sadder place without you there. :heart:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.