The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Greetings

Home Forums Lounge Greetings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

As a new recruit, just thought I’d tell you a bit about myself. Love horses, go racing often, member at Bangor On Dee for years, love National Hunt Racing, tolerate flat. Can appreciate a good horse, but my heart belongs to the lower grade horses, hence membership of Quixall Crossett fan club (still going strong at 21, that’s him not me!) hopelessly sentimental, attend Open Days at Malton & Middleham, husband member of Elite,<br>Thats’s all for now, hope to participate soon,<br>Ruth

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 438

Seeing that the regular "meeters and greeters" seem to be in dereliction of their duty, may I be the first to welcome you to the forum, QC.

I had a soft spot for another of those perennial losers, Amrullah, back in the day. Good to hear that your namesake is still going strong; given his phlegmatic disposition, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he outlived many of us here.

:biggrin:

Kevin
    • Total Posts 295

Welcome Ruth,<br>You should fit in well here with quite a few like minded souls. <br>Roll on the NH season and sentiment. <br>Dammed be statistics and trends.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Hi Ruth – welcome to the Forum. Proper NH season just around the corner!<br>

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

.. Indeed Ruth, a hearty hello !!

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Welcome QC/Ruth!:cool:

Colin

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Welcome to the forum Ruth

ninahagen4
    Participant
    • Total Posts 121

Another welcome Ruth and great to see another NH lover like myself.Cant wait for it to start.

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Hi Ruth. Welcome.

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

Welcome Ruth. Nice to see a new recruit on the distaff side, particularly one who might like Sedgefield on a cold Tuesday.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Well now, isn’t this a funny thing?

Good to read you, Ruth. In a former life I was the co-editor of the Quixall Crossett website (still around but not done much with it for a little while now), went up to the farm on a couple of occasions, still send the Caines cards and am still in regular contact with former assistent Geoff Sanderson.

Come to think of it, I seem to remember chatting to a Bangor member when following the horse around the North back in the day – coincidence?

Hope all is well with the Caines – I’ve noticed Hamnotear, Nopublicityplease, Pharnoon and Quixall’s Kin show up in declarations every now and then but nothing actually run since the first day of last season.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

I wonder when Graysons would spot that username! lol

quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

Well Well, you’re not the bloke with the T Shirt with Quixalls web site on are you who I was talking to?<br>I too am still in touch with Ted & Joy (lovely people)  & send cards etc – special one for quixall on his 21st!!<br>I was the person who personally knitted a scarf in Quixalls colours & wore it for his 100th defeat even though it was a very hot day!! I,ve still got the video of the historic event. I was there for his other 2 honourable defeats as well, God loves a trier & all that, I miss him running, but Ted says he’s in good health, I,m always on the lookout for another suitable hero, but no luck yet! I was going to put the bit about the scarf in my introduction but thought people might think I’m a sandwich short of a picnic, but as a kinderd spirit I’m sure you appreciate it!<br>Ruth: <br>

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Sounds to me like a match made in heaven!!

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from cormack15 on 11:14 pm on Aug. 26, 2006[br]Sounds to me like a match made in heaven!!<br>

<br>Careful, Cormack, Mrs Column might be reading this! :biggrin:

And yes, I’m afraid I am that bloke, qc, and I remember the scarf!

As a fellow lover of the humbler jumps fare I hope you’re enjoying Cartmel this weekend as much as I am.

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.