The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Greatwood Gold Cup 2020

Home Forums Archive Topics Greatwood Gold Cup 2020

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17032

It’s a strong enough card at Newbury on Saturday, and this is the highlight……

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/36/newbury/2020-02-29/750416

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/greatwood-gold-cup-handicap-chase/winner

Win last year by San Benedeto, and I fancy a repeat. He’s only a few pounds higher, and I just get the impression that he’s been kept back for this. He was impressive enough last year, and Bryan Carver Booker, which takes a handy 5lb’s off.

Stablemate Secret Investor is a nice type, certainly consistent enough, but there’s a chance he could go for The Grimthorpe, while Jerrysback, who I just really like generally, could also be Doncaster bound.

I’d have to consider covering either of that pair, but right now, happy to have a few quid on San Benedeto.

San Benedeto 9’s

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17032

Happy that San Benedeto made it, and even more happy that I can get 10’s once declared. Less happy with the ground, but I think he should run his race.

I’d much rather Secret Investor wasn’t there, but at around 9’s I have to cover him, as top weight shouldn’t stop him from being bang there.

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4756

DOMAINE DE L’ISLE for me at 14/1 four places.
    I don’t think he got home at Ascot last time out behind Ballyoptic but I think this tip and round will see him continue his progression and how come he is 14/1 and Bennys King is half the price?

:good: :good:

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 213

I like Benny’s King in this one. Not a big price, but expect him to run well

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 255

Sadly off after an inspection this morning.
    Storm whatsisname left the course waterlogged.
    Was really looking forward to this one.
    Fancied the Nichols horses and the bottom weight and five others!
    Second cancellation of this race in three years.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.