Great Voltigeur 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Great Voltigeur 2019

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Middle_Of_March Middle_Of_March 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15620

Not really my usual type of race this, but there’s one I do like…..

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/great-voltigeur-stakes/winner

I’ve been quite impressed with what I’ve seen of Logician so far, and this looks perfect for him.

He’s best priced 7-2, which isn’t really my kind of price, but I suppose it could look big afterwards if he’s as good as I think he could be.

I’ll throw a couple of quid at him though, might as well having started a thread, but not going mad at that price.

Logician 7-2

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3126

Mrs Botchy can’t attend with me on Wednesday, so if anyone fancies meeting up for a couple of beers i should be able to get a spare badge for the owner / trainers lounge. If i remember right it was £20 payable at the door last year for the spare. Unfortunately wont be able to confirm it until after the 48 hr decs are in.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 466

I think if Logician doesn’t win against these horses, then it will be one of the worst renewals for a while possibly. Not sure I will play at 6/4(maybe a double with Crystal Ocean). Have though had some of the 10s on Bet365 for the St Leger, as next stop is there you would think with a decent run today

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1048

Surprised they haven’t applied headgear to Constantinople.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20746

I’ve gone with Constantinople. Goodwood wasn’t his course this should suit much better

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 643

Constantinople for me too

At 5/2 hes a bet but any lower and it gets a bit too skinny as hes clearly not an easy horse to win with and ryan moore isnt exactly flying

Kris
    Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Constantinople for me too, though I doubt that I would bet him. I think that this will be his day.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20746

Well done winners
    Constantinople ran much better than what he did at Goodwood and easily reverse the form with Nayef Road but Logician was far too good for him. Think Constantinople could have further improvement in him as he sweated up quite a bit beforehand and still looks green enough, think O’Brien said he should make up into a good 4 y/o but Logician is lightly raced and you’d expect him to win again if they meet in the Leger

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Any markets available about which of these first turns up in a Juvenile hurdle?

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20746

Constantinople could do with a fence already, Jack… :scratch:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4485

WELL DONE BOBBY :good: :good:

Looks a nice horse the winner but the second looks like it has a mind of its own !!

Don’t like to use the word dodgy but it may fit Constantinople!

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 466

10/1 looking nice for the St Leger now :-)

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15620

Thanks Raymo

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2528

Nice early shout VTC

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.