The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National in France

Home Forums Horse Racing Grand National in France

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 36

Norville du Bois won the Prix du President de la Republique in Auteuil yesterday.This race is the equivalent of your Grand National.An handicap with a big prize money.

But of course , without the English charm.Only 20 horses,only 10,000 people.

I saw your Grand National on BBC a week ago.The atmosphere seemed to be so amazing.I hope we will see English or Irish horses racing in Auteuil in May.

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Not bad work for a horse claimed for only 12,000 Euros!

arkle66
    • Total Posts 16

Can watch it here http://www.courses-france.com/modules/n … 73&forum=4 which is cool for me as based in NZ at the mo.

Think it shares the fact its the countries largest handicap and name, not much else!! (other than some scary ditchs)

See Paul Webber has entered 2 this week end at Auteuil.

Yep hopefully some foriegn challengers for the big races in May/June. Mr Nicholls was talking about taking Nozic over a while back and sure Mr Mullins will do somthing.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 36

Quote: from Venusian on 11:09 pm on April 23, 2007[br]Not bad work for a horse claimed for only 12,000 Euros!<br>

I think Silver Birch was also bought for a little sum.<br>  Norville du Bois is a very difficult horse.He ran many times in sellings and he earned 100,000euros on Sunday<br>  It is the first time that a woman trainer win  this race

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

Thanks for posting the link Arkle66.

I’d like to see the best of the French, British & Irish taking each other on more often over the jumps.

However, the French game seems to exist in a world of its own.

Nevertheless, Auteuil is a lovely course and well worth a visit (and value for your £2 or £3 entry) if you’re in Paris and there’s a meeting on.

Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.