2020 Grand National

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2020 Grand National

This topic contains 39 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Quelle Farce
    Quelle Farce
    Participant
    • Total Posts 144

A horse like Crosspark, admirable as he is, may not have a high enough handicap rating to get on over the 25 Elliott horses that will get in. (He’s 142 now, same as Joe Farrell who just snuck in this year).

Talking of Venetia, I would have loved to have seen Yala Enki in a soft ground GN.

Robinsfirth is another admirable chaser who I’d like to see in the 2020 race.

bobbyjo1999
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16

Hi gang,
    Well the dust has settled on GN2019,
    For GN2020………how weird does that sound,it’s like a space age date…..
    Gone in early on NATIVE RIVER 25/1…….
    Think the national will be tailor-made for him,can’t really see him going down
    the GOLD CUP route again :yahoo:
    Interested in ANY SECOND NOW and DISCORAMA,if aimed at GN2020…..

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15431

Any Second Now is very high on my shortlist Bobbyjo, and I’m hoping for nothing more than a respectable run at Fairyhouse on Monday, as that shouldn’t do his chances for this any harm.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1011

Any Second Now 33s is the only one I’m on at the moment. A top 3 on Monday wont help. A running on 4th/5th would be ideal.

Re Discorama – too young.
    Re Native River – thought the owners didn’t like the race

bobbyjo1999
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16

Hi gang,
    MIKE007,
    we’re would NATIVE RIVER go then mike,he would be just be making the numbers up in the GOLD CUP,although the owners don’t like the race I think money talks and there’s a lot of cash on offer to win a GN,also there’s not that many races he could be aimed at B-)

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1011

Connections want to try blinkers on Native River to see if they can eke out some improvement out of the horse. Could mean another Gold Cup campaign.

Lemons68
    Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 357

One For Arthur at 50-1 is a tempting price. I thought that Tiger Roll aside, he looked like the likeliest winner heading for home.

That was after an interrupted season, and with a smoother build up next year, I think he could be worth betting, even this far out.

What a story that would be after Tiger Roll. Double double winners.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15431

Good shout Mark, certainly had me worried on that overhead shot, was effortless the way he came into contention.

bobbyjo1999
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16

Hi gang,
    Nice run from TALKISCHEAP in bet365 gold cup,may be to young for next years GN

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15431

He’s a lovely sort and had nobody to race against on his side at the finish so yes probably didn’t see his full potential…also a big gallopy type probably unsuited to playing dodgems on a tight track…interesting to watch this year. He has his place (win) over the requisite distance for the Grand National and the chase start this season so those boxes ticked, Elliot just needs to ensure his mark is high enough to be sure of getting in and he is free to prepare him however he wants.

It actually might be good practice for a modern Grand National horse…some moments yesterday reminded me of the ruck at the Canal Turn. Bodes well for Borice that he was unfazed.

Fair comment that from Greenasgrass on The Galway Plate threads with regards to Borice.

It can be a costly business following Galway Plate winners, but I agree, and certainly added him to my shortlist.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.