The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2020 Grand National

Home Forums Archive Topics 2020 Grand National

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17732

@Darren83
    lol Darren, but I was still on the ceiling at that time yesterday, and in no fit state to do anything after Tigers win.

Good to see you liking Any Second Now, and goes without saying, that I’ll be quickly adding Pairofbrowneyes to the shortlist, should I like what I see at Fairyhouse.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3220

Well done Tiger Roll and everyone on here with win and place money.
    I did not enjoy the race as Up For Review was one of my favourite horses and I could see immediately that he had been killed, but I can appreciate what a super achievement it was for TR. I think he would have would even if MoL had flown the last.
    Some great jockey skills in the race too, especially from Davy Russell, and even though I was feeling crap about UFR I couldn’t help but admire Rathvinden and Ruby in perfect harmony…I thought horse and jockey had a perfect race.

Was holding my breath a bit as the pack approached the Canal Turn each time- if any of the leaders had swerved or come down it had even more pileup potential than most years due to the compactness of the field- but thankfully the front half of the field jumped well and the jockeys seemed to ride good lines.

That would have been a tricky National to ride in so well done jockeys. Good smooth pace control at the front resulted in a fair National finish as well, I thought.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3220

Sorry above post should be in 2019 thread obviously.

• Total Posts 17732

Grass, do you want to copy it across to the other thread, and I’ll delete that one?

• Total Posts 17732

@Racingorchid
    Thanks mate, I hope he’s won you a good few quid back as well.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 452

I struggle to see where the go with native next if not the national , he,s not win another GC unless the ground is soft , if u watch the GC he got tapped going for home after using a lot if energy to get to the front and yet still got up the hill better than many , he’s a natural for the national ..early days but I might play at the 25s through the summer

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3220

Yes please VtC

• Total Posts 17732

No probs Grass, I’ll delete the post on this thread, once the 2019 is updated.

peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1253

One from left field from Venetia Williams’ yard who has looked ahead of the handicapper both times this season is Commodore. Has done everything very cosily and I’m more than convinced a trip beyond 3 miles will suit just fine. 7 years old, rated 135 and going the right way. I’m sure Venetia can eke out the necessary improvement needed to get in here and I’ll be keeping a very close eye on how he progresses next season.

• Total Posts 17732

A bloody good shout that Peter.

Put him up as an eyecatcher at the turn of the year, and totally agree with you, he’s definitely one to consider for this.

I like the horse a lot.

peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1253

Yeah he looked superb at Warwick and Sandown showed he can be taken on for the lead and still put them in their place. He travels so well in his races it makes me think he clearly has more to come. His jumping was brilliant at Sandown too, so between that and his ability to bowl along in front and still find plenty at the business end suggests to me we have a rather good horse on our hands.

bozlikebozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1678

Not normally one for going in on this so early but Cloth Cap is my play at this stage. Only his fourth run over fences today and he looked a horse of real potential. Saw out the four miles and then some, coming again at the end. Jumping needs brushing up on but with another season under his belt I’d be happy to take the chance at 50s. At least we know with his connections he’ll almost certainly be aimed at this. Real nice type, I like him.

@TomBarkley87
    topweighttom.blogspot.com

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 452

Cloth cap caught my eye , Ritchie placed him well on the inside and he was a eye catching traveller , another years experience and a year stronger ….Jesus jonjo needs a good horse …has minella Rocco been retired …should be after the last 2 runs

peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1253

Crosspark has to make the early shortlist after yesterday’s effort. An Eider win coupled with placed efforts in two Classic Chases and a Scottish National is a very good resume with this race in mind. He’s clearly a tough nut too as I find Eider winners often leave their best behind them after Newcastle and can take some time to get back to near their best. So yesterday is really encouraging.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2195

I’d look elsewhere for the National winner don’t think Scottish national has been a great guide of late.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 188 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.