The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2012

Viewing 11 posts - 613 through 623 (of 623 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

No way , the BHA have got to tell the Rspca to mind their own affairs , if they(Rspca) want to end jump racing , then the following questions must be answered

Have they got any chance

have they got the money for the legal action

have they got the slightest clue what they are doing

In my opinion the answer to all 3 is no

Lets move on

next case please

Ricky

I feel like I spent half of last year trying to warn people in racing about alienating the RSPCA – to the extent of being accused of being some sort of AA troll myself.

The chickens I kept going on about are now showing signs of coming home to roost.

Ricky, much as you’d like the answer to all 3 of your questions to be ‘no’, I’m afraid it is ‘yes’ – as Robert99 points out in an earlier post. They are highly experienced in bringing prosecutions for cruelty and have a formidable success rate with them.

I said in a previous post that their new CEO, Gavin Grant should not be under-estimated. Go ahead and call his bluff racing, and see what happens.

My strong suspicion is that racing will concede most, if not all of what the RSPCA want for the National. Mr Bittar, is, I think, a compromiser by nature. The irrecoverable error the BHA made was to treat the RSPCA with disdain over the last whip changes.

When Mr Bittar and Mr Grant face-up in the High Noon GN confrontation, I’d bet a lot that Mr Bittar blinks first.

By the way, before I get the usual stream of criticism, at least have a look at this 17 second clip from Jaws. I’m Hooper – you’re the guys in the boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9AuBsvkZRw

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

By the way, before I get the usual stream of criticism, at least have a look at this 17 second clip from Jaws. I’m Hooper – you’re the guys in the boat.

Wrong again Joe,YOU are the Shark and I’m the guy who blows you up! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The chickens I kept going on about are now showing signs of coming home to roost.

Wrong again Joe! The Headless Chickens you keep harping on about show themselves but once a year…….Grand National day! Why? To prove to Joe Public that they ‘Show Willing’ then we wont hear a dicky bird for another 365 days Thank goodness! :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I feel like I spent half of last year trying to warn people in racing about alienating the RSPCA – to the extent of being accused of being some sort of AA troll myself.

Half a year Joe? I wouldn’t give you half an hour! The RSPCA themselves only give Half a day and that doesn’t wash either to the real supporters of Horse Racing! Nobody on here was more upset than me about the loss of

Synchronised

but hey even I have to accept that the Grand National is the most unique test of horse and jockey there is,always was and always will be! Accept it! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Wrong again Joe! The Headless Chickens you keep harping on about show themselves but once a year…….Grand National day! Why? To prove to Joe Public that they ‘Show Willing’ then we wont hear a dicky bird for another 365 days Thank goodness! :roll:

Hmmm, I refer you to my previous youtube clip :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Hmmm, I refer you to my previous youtube clip :wink:

I refer you to mine! 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri2Khr4eP90

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Sometimes that shark would go away……sometimes he wouldn’t go away.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Sometimes that shark would go away……sometimes he wouldn’t go away.

Sharks are creatures of habit,they return to the same waters year after year,sometimes you just have to accept their presence,just dont party with them!You’ll end up legless! :wink:

• Total Posts 1800

If this forum was an ocean, the sharks and whales would want to bar all other fishes and organisms from the ocean, eventually, the ocean would be dead.

And as the last dead whale or shark dies it would probably say "do you remember that dinosaur fish, it was great…."

sharkenergy2012
    • Total Posts 12

I’ve always appreciated the RSPCA being involved in a positive light with horse racing and the Grand National but I fear that something (whip debate?) has put their nose out of join and gone are the intelligent days of David Muir and in are the days of Animal Aid esque tripe like this (quoted from BBC article)

RSPCA chief executive Gavin Grant said: "I have written to the British Horseracing Authority and the management of Aintree racecourse raising major concerns about aspects of the Grand National.
    "I have asked for an urgent meeting to discuss making the race safer.
    "We need change, a smaller and better qualified field, and an end to killer fences like Becher’s Brook."

Where do we begin?

Better qualified field?v :lol:

KILLER fence that didn’t cause any deaths as a direct result of the fence? :roll:

• Total Posts 811

I am quite surprised that Synchronised’s injury was so bad – 2 fractures tib and fib – that’s major surly? – as looking at the now famous photo of him with Paddy Brennan his legs actually look OK – which made me think the fracture was pastern/fetlock … has the photo been "doctored"???

Viewing 11 posts - 613 through 623 (of 623 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.