The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2012

Viewing 17 posts - 562 through 578 (of 623 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1824

I’ve been banging on about Seabass for weeks, and going by the way of the gamble that’s going on, I’m not alone.

I thought I had taken the best price (20-1) as the odds dropped to 16s and 14s before Ruby declined him and they went back out to 20-1.

I’d like to know what has changed that has brought this deluge of money to bring him back to 10-1 (9s in places).

Is it professional money, is it Joe public betting on a first time woman jockey winner…..doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, although I’m happier with my 20s than I was yesterday.

Anyone?

On ATR the rep from WH said it’s just a popular bet because of connections and Katie on board. I immediately thought – "Tosh! That’s just marketing speak IMO" to try and get more money on it.

For it to halve from 20s to 10s in space of an hour or two must mean big Pro’s money – just my opinion.

Participant
    • Total Posts 348

Oh dear seems like I’m the only person backing West End Rocker :|

Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

i got west end rocker antepost

vf

elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

seabass won’t get home

Participant
    • Total Posts 32997

On ATR the rep from WH said it’s just a popular bet because of connections and Katie on board. I immediately thought – "Tosh! That’s just marketing speak IMO" to try and get more money on it.

For it to halve from 20s to 10s in space of an hour or two must mean big Pro’s money – just my opinion.

The one big doubt with Seabass is stamina.
    With trainer saying he has no doubts on that score and very bullish, people are going to listen. But why is Ted bullish? The first time he came to this race with a chance was Papillon. An outsider before being well backed in the last few days… And won. So Ted is obviously going to be over confident. Like connections of Chicago Grey are over confident, because the last time Gordon Elliot came here with an outsider was Silver Birch. Organisedconfusion’s trainer knows al the pitfalls and pesimistic, so Nina’s mount is far less likely to have such a followingAdded to that it is the first time a woman jockeys have rode in the National with a real chance of winning. And Katie is a joy for the Press. On BBC yesterday. So there’s bound to be an awful lot of once a year punters wanting Katie to win. Organisedconfusion’s trainer knows al the pitfalls and pesimistic, so Nina’s mount is far less likely to have such a following. Not surprising Seabass has been very well backed this morning. And when there’s a gamble there’s hoards wanting to be part of it, so shortening even further.

It would be wonderful to see a woman win the National. Hopefully for my sake it will be Nina, but good luck to Katie too.

Value Is Everything
    Pat123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3078

I’m sticking with Always Right, just hoping the breathing op has done the trick. His form from last year’s Scottish National is good enough for me.

Also Killyglen for me. If he stays the trip he should be there with a chance.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1658

seabass won’t get home

:lol:

The Pretty Gray Horse wins it!

• Total Posts 1533

Synchronised was killed at Beechers. Jonjo will be gutted and memories of Alverton will come flooding back.

RIP

Participant
    • Total Posts 1658

Synchronised was killed at Beechers. Jonjo will be gutted and memories of Alverton will come flooding back.

RIP

:cry:
    Do you know the condition of any of the other fallers? It seemed like there were a lot early in the race this year.

• Total Posts 2440

I thought Synchronised got up?

Participant
    • Total Posts 1824

RIP

Gutted! Absolutely gutted!
    I was all over him for The Gold Cup and must’ve watched that race 10 times since –
    RIP brave fella!
    My heart goes out to Jonjo, AP and all the team.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32997

Backed the winner, but the deaths of Synchronised and According To Pete take the edge off the result.

Value Is Everything
    BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

I thought Synchronised got up?

so did i …. tragic. So sorry for AP and Jonjo bearing in mind Alverton all those years ago :cry:

Participant
    • Total Posts 201

We’ve lost the gold cup winner.
    Im finished with this race. Lost its magic years ago for me, ive persisted with it through nostalgia but too much.

Perhaps the tinkering with fences etc has made it mire dangerous, i dont know. I wont be watching again.

strawbear
    Participant
    • Total Posts 229

Went from total jubilation at backing Neptune to gut wrenching heart ache at the news of Synchro. The grand national was the race that got me into the wonderful world of NH racing from a very early age, but now im of the feeling something should be done with race. For starters the barbaric Beechers Brook should be got rid of and the course watered, regardless of weather forcasts to acheive proper soft ground.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

Backed the winner, but the deaths of Synchronised and According To Pete take the edge off the result.

Same here. I’d give up the money to have all horses safe.

Synchonise’s fate rather runs a coach and horses through the theory about upping the quality of horses to make it safer.

I’d enjoyed this race no end until I heard the fate of Synchronise and According To Pete and it does make you wonder how more deaths can be accepted.

Rob

• Total Posts 149

Same here Rob. Was so pleased that NC had won and then heard the news – just gutted

Viewing 17 posts - 562 through 578 (of 623 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.