The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gottany O’s

Home Forums Memorials Gottany O’s

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    reetlass
    • Total Posts 433

Sadly broke down today in 2.30 at Aintree. PTS. RIP lad :cry:

nighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

RIP Gottany O’s :cry:

The first fatality of this years GN meeting but, sadly, probably not the last :(

Just so relieved that all the many fallers in the Foxhunters got up ok. Only 13 finishers from 26 runners. That’s not a good result is it? :(

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1118

i was dreading as they came to bechers and kept saying the changing wlll make them go faster over fences, darn;t look when i saw them start to fall, luckily all where ok over national fences

sad about the loss of a mccan horse today, jockey pulled hm up straight away, but sadly had to be pts, won;t be good for aintree and the animal rights, coming towards grand natonal day

vf

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1455

Only just starting his career too. I really don’t think 4 year olds should be jumping at speed, they’re only just about adults by that age. RIP.

About average iirc for the numbers in the Foxhunter’s.

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

Just back from what I considered a fantastic day at Aintree but now gutted to hear this young horse was lost, and also Our Father apparently collapsed after the last … really put a downer on the day. RIP
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

PS Good news re Our Father – now reported as "fine" – phew!!!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8175

Sad to see this happen.

reetlass
    • Total Posts 433

PS Good news re Our Father – now reported as "fine" – phew!!!

David Pipe says that Our Father didn’t collapse after his race. He does say that although he ran disappointingly, he is fine and has now gone home for his summer holidays. :)

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8175

Oh what a relief. I must say I was annoyed that it took Timmy Murphy so long to pull him up, having gone from @ 5th place to last; it didn’t seem like the sort of thing that he would do with a horse that was in a bad way.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.