The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Golf each way- Robbed?

Home Forums General Sports Golf each way- Robbed?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Hi Golfers.
    Some advice please. I backed weir at 20/1 EW online before a ball was struck with coral and they have it down as red (a losing bet) on my account. I’m sure it was ew a quarter the odds first 4 and he came fourth. What do I do ? Or am I wrong?
    Crizzy

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Hi Golfers.
    Some advice please. I backed weir at 20/1 EW online before a ball was struck with coral and they have it down as red (a losing bet) on my account. I’m sure it was ew a quarter the odds first 4 and he came fourth. What do I do ? Or am I wrong?
    Crizzy

Well he definitely finished 4th Crizzy, and you could certainly back e/w a quarter the odds 1-2-3-4 before the event because I used Corals for an each way bet myself. Are you sure there wasn’t an option for e/w a third the odds 1-2-3?

Anyway, just give them a ring and ask them why the bet has been settled as a loser. I’m certain that if you bet at quarter the odds 1-2-3-4 they will quickly apologise and pay you out. Corals are usually very good.

Let me know what happens

Mike

wakeman
    • Total Posts 434

Hi Crizzy, have just seen your predicament and i having sifted through the paper rack i came across last Thursday’s RP.

From what i can see every bookie was going 1/4 1st 4, i too did Weir E/W but i tend to use Stan James where possible, so i think you have a case to go to battle with.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers.

Adrian

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Have just phoned Corals and was told that they paid out first 3 and that I was (after being put on hold) "Unlucky sir" I’m bloody fuming cos I can’t prove that I accepted a place first 3. Iv’e never seen quarter the odds first 3 before a ball has been hit ( 8.30 p.m. our time on thursday). Maybe I have cocked up but how do I find out now? It’s not a fortune but that’s not the point! Please help and thanks for your answers guys, much appreciated.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Have just phoned Corals and was told that they paid out first 3 and that I was (after being put on hold) "Unlucky sir" I’m bloody fuming cos I can’t prove that I accepted a place first 3. Iv’e never seen quarter the odds first 3 before a ball has been hit ( 8.30 p.m. our time on thursday). Maybe I have cocked up but how do I find out now? It’s not a fortune but that’s not the point! Please help and thanks for your answers guys, much appreciated.

Crizzy,

A record of every bet you placed is kept in you account. Just check the bet. I can’t think of how Corals website lays out of the top of my head but it should be under ‘Statements’ – ‘Settled Bets’ or something like that.

It should tell you all the details of your bet – the stake, who you backed and the terms (e/w 1-2-3-4). There is absolutely no way Corals should be going a quarter the odds 1-2-3 before the event started and Wakeman has confirmed this.

If you can’t find the bet and the terms in which you struck the bet just simply ring Corals back up and ask them to send you proof of your bet to you so that you can see the terms yourself.

Always ask to speak to a manager if you feel as though you aren’t getting anywhere – but if you can’t find the bet (within your account history) yourself you MUST push for them to prove to you that the bet was at 1-2-3 – don’t just take their word for it.

Any problems, give me a shout.

Mike

wakeman
    • Total Posts 434

Hi again Crizzy, did you place the bet by Phone or online?, if you did it by Phone it is a tad more tricky to prove yourself, if it was online you can look at your Account History as you will probably be aware anyway and maybe able to see where if you may have gone wrong.

Failing this a call to Mack on the Morning Line might be a solution but i will try and find out a bit more for you as i work for William Hill’s, or alternatively i can send you the paper for you to look at yourself.

I would not give up yet.

Cheers for now.

Adrian.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

I have to say I’d be surprised if Corals were going 1/4 1-3 as I saw at least a couple of other firms (one of which was Hills) going 1/4 1-4, and they would normally be 1-5 but for the smallish field.
    Definitely one worth chasing up if you ask me.

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Hi Crizzy – I also kept the Racing Post from last thursday and the Coral advert for this tournament on page 42 states ‘ Each way 1/4 the odds a place 1,2,3,4 ‘ so I think Coral have made a mistake with your bet unless there are different options online. I don’t have a Coral online account unfortunately so I wouldn’t know.
    Good luck.

Pete

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Thanks guys, Good support from you in what I hope Doesn’t make me look like a complete turkey!! I will have the deepest search through my account again and let you know. Thanks, Crizzy. I am the sort of person that will always admitt graciously when I’m wrong but will keep barking til then :D

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Oh, apparently the person I need to speak to is on the line to someone else ( I was on hold for ten minutes too) They will be calling me back before 10. Will let you know. God, I’ve had a couple of ciders and am on a mission. :D Or I could end up looking like a complete t**t and have to try to laugh it off :lol: Or even better back the winner next this wek and there would perhaps be no arguement :?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.