The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gold Cup 2024

Home Forums Cheltenham 2024 Gold Cup 2024

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5331

Jack your completely dismissing the 4 mile form at Cheltenham and the fact he,s won twice at the festival then, to each there own but I’d say a horse that’s beaten Fastorslow and loves Cheltenham is one to keep on side , Gentlemansgame had his GC at Wetherby , he has plenty to find if he’s going to be competitive , BMG was 80% and blew the last …

Participant
    • Total Posts 3880

Not completely dismissing it, but looking at it from the perspective of Fastorslow probably improving a lot, and i can’t see Corach Rambler as an 10 yo improving enough? To add to that, having won 2 gruelling staying chases and being backed up twice this year so soon doesn’t scream a perfect prep for a horse to really improve further into the spring. Though the trainer knows the horse best so who knows on that part.

HDLG, i think you’re doing a disservice to Gentlemansgame personally but we’ll see. As for his GC, Mouse Morris ain’t training a 7yo G1-level hurdler for “his GC” to be at Wetherby….

I would doubt BMG was ever 80% but yes he won’t have been fully cooked. I wouldn’t say the race was over without the mistake anyway that’s for sure.

Thats an Irish National winner thumper, a GC 2nd and KG winner beaten and Envoi Allen miles back, over an inadequate trip. Beaten that day by a proper g2 solid yardstick. In 3 chase starts, and you’re calling out he’s had his GC, :good:

I quite like your other shout though as a potential decent bet, lets see how he returns.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6904

Corach Rambler done me a good turn in the National. As to this race, up against it. 10 next year been a handicapper most of his chasing life now has to run in better races due to high handicap mark and not up to it.
    Gentlemansgame I’d wanna see him run again to know, he’s a dark one having beaten BMG, admittedly when BMG needed it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1890

Both Gentlemansgame and Fastorslow, are relatively unexposed and inexperienced; only 4 and 5 chases respectively. Might be reasonable to anticipate more improvement to come for both of them

Participant
    • Total Posts 5331

Mike Corach isn’t a autumn horse , he,s a spring horse , read Russells comments after the Betfair ,they were delighted with him , they are all about the spring , if people don’t want to take the 4 mile form seriously that’s fine but form is form and it’s the strongest form line I see for the GC so far , good luck with Gentlemansgame Jack , he,s not for me but as you say he may improve

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6904

“Mike Corach isn’t a autumn horse , he,s a spring horse”

Yep I’m aware of that, I backed him at Cheltenham and for GN, but to improve over a stone to win a Gold Cup as a 10 year old. Can’t see it myself unless the main protagonists fail to fire. He beat Fastorslow yes but that was only Fastorslow’s 3rd start over fences aged 7 and giving Corach Rambler weight so that horse had the scope to improve which he has done.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6904

“if people don’t want to take the 4 mile form seriously that’s fine but form is form and it’s the strongest form line”

Don’t you mean the Ultima form over 3?

Participant
    • Total Posts 5331

Yes the Ultima

Participant
    • Total Posts 5331

Corach straight to the GC, Lucinda not messing about with Mickey mouse trials

Participant
    • Total Posts 12804

Whoever* wrote this last summer sounds a jolly clever fellow: “I took a look at this this evening and for me it’s a bit of a stretch to believe that absolutely everything behind Fastorslow at Punchestown ran below par.

Then throw in the fact he’s only a 7yo and still relatively unexposed and it has to be of interest to me that, at 20/1 in a place, Fastorslow is ten times the price of Galopin Des Champs.”

Fastorslow is a wonderful, still lightly-raced, progressive 7yo.

How’s that Cheltenham Graveyard Cup form working out so far, fellas?

*I just remembered: it was ME.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 389

Where have you been Chezza?..missed your cool comments..and the edge of cliff surgery..

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 389

I am Maximus…i think..

Participant
    • Total Posts 12804

I went to a Jumps meeting at Kempton Park and do you know not one forumite asked me if I’d had a nice day.

I always wish anyone going racing a nice day!

I wasn’t feeling the love and I decided TRF didn’t deserve me.

But homersimpson lured me back!

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/

• Total Posts 30888

The Gold Cup hasn’t left a mark on Galopin… :mail:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6412

Question of how far he wins by not if he wins

Airplane

Participant
    • Total Posts 3880

How’s that Cheltenham Graveyard Cup form working out so far, fellas?

*I just remembered: it was ME.

Well done YOU…

Nice price you’re on at least, but i’d be interested to hear your thoughts now?

Stil x5 the price, but surely yesterday shows when Galopin’s onsong, which is moreoften than not….fastorslow still has a good few pds to find? Nevermind also being a 2x winner in March.

I’d have Shishkin shorter after Boxing Day + Gerri bigger than 12s. Under par yesterday, but for me it told us he has buckets to find still.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

I think its got to be GDC and then Fastorslow and then daylight to the rest in the market. We still don’t know how good Fastorslow is. Obviously subject to change after the Irish Gold Cup. I highly doubt Shishkin at his age next March has it in him to reach GDC’s levels and hes still got some temprement question marks. Stamina for the GC is also still a question for Fastorslow and Shishkin to answer.

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 224 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.