The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gold Cup 2022

Home Forums Cheltenham 2022 Gold Cup 2022

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13815

Plenty of prices up, and some proper big guns in there…..

https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/cheltenham-gold-cup/winner

It’s a slight concern, amongst the more obvious concerns, that they favoured the flat track of Uttoxeter, to a tilt at The Kim Muir, but I have to have an early punt on Time To Get Up. I love him, my type of horse, and can only see him improving.

I’ll be interested to see what price Escaria Ten gets introduced at. Added then cashed out

Next on the list, Galvin and Remastered

Time To Get Up 100’s

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1481

Royal pagaille and Al boum photo both 20-1 , that’s a bit of a head scratcher , nothing against royal but I think he got found out yesterday

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25160

Was hoping that Fiddlerontheroof would be double the 50s, he was shorter than that in a one horse race.

Member since March 2008
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2159

The new reigning champ is 8/1 the same price Envoi Allen is. Not saying that either one of them is value, but Envoi Allen has quite a few mountains to climb to get even into single digits.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1481

Exruby I reckon he,ll be shorter come GC day

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 928

Can’t believe Monkfish is favourite for the gold cup following his lacklustre performance at the festival this year.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1481

He didn’t jump well but got the job done , that last run in Ireland is prob the main reason for his price , plus we def know he,ll stay the GC trip while Envoi still has that to prove

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 928

He got the job done but there wasn’t exactly strong opposition. I was completely unimpressed by him and don’t see him as being a serious gold cup contender next year.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 213

Minella Indo will hopefully drift to a more attractive price before next year’s festival. He’s a spring/Cheltenham horse so i can see him being beaten over in Ireland in the same races that he was beaten in this year.

Monkfish blatantly has class but i was unimpressed with his jumping, albeit i don’t think the loose horse helped him. Envoi Allen has yet to run over 3 miles never mind 3 and a quarter. Even his P2P was just 2 and a half miles.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3429

I got 11-1 Monkfish and 14-1 Envoi Allen to win this.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1481

If he doesn’t then potential for a shiskin/Envoi head to head (unlikely) or Allaho/envoi head to head (much more likely) , it’ll be interesting to see where envoi goes first next season , do you think he,ll go punchestown this season ?

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3610

Surely envoi goes to Fairyhouse after falling so early

Thats what id do anyway

Then go to punchestown as well

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1746

“Can’t believe Monkfish is favourite for the gold cup following his lacklustre performance at the festival this year.”

I was not that impressed visually but the clock says he ran the last 4 furlongs quicker than Put The Kettle On in the Champion Chase. If he stays fit and sound he is a big player next year.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3610

Monkfish is a monster and will take all the beating

Was below his best like a few of Willie’s were at Cheltenham

Very possible he was over the top after Christmas and the DRF

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 147

I took 12-1 Monkfish and also too 16-1 Envoi Allen to win this :good:

Both free bets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.