The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gold Cup 2020

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2020 Gold Cup 2020

Viewing 5 posts - 166 through 170 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    DBRDBRDBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

Yeah, this was a terrific race, but so should next year be. Hopefully Topofthegame will be back in business too.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3068

Forgot about him! Bring it on!!

Illavim
    Participant
    • Total Posts 96

Well done to ABP and connections and all backers!
    Thrilled to see Lostintranslation run such a good race, especially as stable form been disappointing this week.

Ex RubyLightEx RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1498

It was a fantastic race and clearly one to remember. So many perfect jumps, so many chances and how many times do you see “ten in line at the third last”???

I have to say that the sport has changed a lot over the past 6-7 years, but it is a very good change. One to more professionalism, especially from the Irish side.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 419

I hope Al Boum Photo now starts to get the praise he deserves. He was a good winner last year but a lot of people seemed underwhelmed by it, presumably because he was a big price and so were the placed horses.

Now he has won a second GC and beat just about every good staying chaser out there with the exception of Topofthegame (and I suppose Native River as well but I cannot believe he would have won).

I expect Nicholls cannot wait to get Topofthegame back. A line through Santini would have seen him as the winner. And he has to realise now that Clan Des Obeaux is not a Cheltenham horse. Maybe it might finally dawn on NTD that Bristol De Mai is not either!

Viewing 5 posts - 166 through 170 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.