Godolphin Fantasy competition

Home Forums Racing Competitions Godolphin Fantasy competition

This topic contains 182 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Triptych Triptych 4 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8536

I couldn’t believe that I got 1200 points yesterday Graham first
    Moonlight Spirit in France then Vintager and lastly Ghaiyyath who was my main reason for swapping out. :good:

I still have Pinatubo in my team and Space Blues, Al Dabaran so feel they will carry me through to end of month when I will want to add Earthlight.

It’s amazing how many Group races Godolphin are farming away from the UK and worth looking ahead before managing your stable.
    Best of luck to all of us…Jac :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8536

SEPTEMBER 2019

Sure that lots of us will be using our swaps soon and Pinatubo set to make another appearance.

Wish that Godolphin would flag up that we have horses due to run as soon as they are declared for a race, sometimes and in the case of Al Dabaran who ran in France the other day I didn’t even know he had an entry :wacko: :wacko: Finding the site very slow at updating this year and especially with the withdrawn horses who should be immediately withdrawn from Stables with the chance to substitute quickly.

This is the Leaderboard as far as I know it but would appreciate updates from Nathan and John Gooch unless their score remains the same. I managed to scrape another 100 points from Al Dabaran running 3rd in a Gp1 in France at the weekend….here is the updated Leaderboard which I will amend if you could kindly post up your results so far.

Good luck at the weekend and keep an eye out for those illusive Bonus Races … :unsure:

Godolphin Fantasy League – Team
    TRF LEADERBOARD SEPTEMBER 2019-

6210 – 111th – TRIPTYCH
    5360 – 266th – BigG
    4670 – 382nd – John Gooch (updated)
    3940 – 538th – Tonge
    3650 – 659th – Raymo (updated)
    3140 – 872nd – Nathan Hughes
    (updated)

Look forward to your updates and I’ll post up correct scores to date.
    :bye: Jac :bye:

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 134

Hello to all of you

First of all I have to echo the views of Jac about the Godolphin web site,
    they seem to have lost interest in the competition.

No Bonus races since July 12th and almost impossible to find out why.

Anyway my score is 4670 and my rank overall is now 382. I still have
    1 swap left unless of course I lose any more horses and have a Free Transfer.

Still some good racing to come though before the jumpers are back in full force.

Many Thanks :bye:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8536

Thanks John :good:
    I’ll update you score straight away and best of luck for the next few weeks.
    I have only one swap left also so will use it carefully.
    Jac
    :bye:

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20746

I’m still bringing up the rear Jac… :yes:

pts 3140
    Rank 872

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8536

Cheers Nathan :good:
    Its been difficult to know who to have in your stable as information about upcoming races has been slow.
    Good luck with your swaps.
    Jac :rose:

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20746

I think I’m top out of all the competitors who never picked Blue Point… :rose: :rose:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5871

Well I’ve eventually gotten round to doing a complete clear out of my stable,
    I’ve almost been as ruthless as Boris ( I doubt that’s possible), I only kept
    1 that I previously had in my cabinet.

I tried to keep them in Group races, but had to pick some in lower ranking races
    to make up my 10 as I was concentrating on the next couple of weeks having a further
    2 swaps left for races further down the line. I’ve got 3 running today, Alpen Rose in
    the May Hill, Bedouin’s Story at Chelmsford and River Melody at Lyon. Hopefully I can
    get a few more points as I’ve been sliding down the league (266th) with not many of mine
    going to post recently.

Still no sign of a bonus race :unsure:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8536

Good luck Graham and send us an update later how you got on. :good:

Its nice to have a complete clear out and I was surprised how time consuming it is to try and sort out your Stable..Jac :rose:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4485

Jac I have 3650pts and am in 659th position.

I still have two swaps left though!!
    So maybe I can make late headway LOL

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8536

:good: I’ll update that for you Raymo..don’t forget Pinatubo runs on Sunday in Group 1 National Stakes :good: I have him in my Stable so fingers crossed to try to leap into the top 100 by Monday..only 1 swap left for me so being very careful best of luck xxxx Jac :rose:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5871

My trio did okay today Jac without any of them getting their head in front. River
    Melody was 3rd and Bedouin’s Story ran a good race in 2nd. So 40 points and 80 points
    for those two, but slightly more for Alpen Rose, 200 points, for finishing 3rd in the
    May Hill. It gets me a bit further up with 5680 points in position 209.

Hoping Royal Crusade can do well in the Pommery Champagne Stakes on Saturday and looking
    forward to seeing Pinatubo on Sunday at the Curragh along with Cross Counter and Ispolini.

Raymo I reckon you’re in pretty good shape with a couple of swaps left. As Jac pointed out
    a good while back in the competition, those at the top had pretty much used all their swaps
    early on, they are bound to come back to the field. There are still plenty of big Group
    races to come so there is potential to do a Jamie Spencer late on.

Good luck all, I think we would have done quite well if Godolphin had got their finger out
    and set up a league, but it’s been a half hearted effort on their part so far.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8536

Well done Graham :good: nice move up the leaderboard yesterday and more to come over next few weeks, I’m really excited about Pinatubo’s run on Sunday to see if he has improved more since his last run.

Will update scores as we move along this month I’ve dropped a few places to 116th but hope to improve after Sunday and best of luck with Royal Command in The Pommery. :good:

Like you said we would have been up there with a TRF League in place but Godolphin have just let things go and taken some of the excitement out of the chase..could be that Sheikh Mo has other things on his mind and he’s certainly been splashing the cash at the Keeneland sales so suppose our Bonus points are low on his agenda but they do make the difference for those lucky enough to get them right and make it more competitive… do you feel an email coming on Graham? ;-)

Best of luck for the weeks ahead..Jac :rose:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8536

Godolphin Fantasy League – Team
    TRF LEADERBOARD SEPTEMBER 2019-

6210 – 116th – TRIPTYCH
    5680 – 209th – BigG
    4670 – 382nd – John Gooch
    3940 – 538th – Tonge
    3650 – 659th – Raymo
    3140 – 872nd – Nathan Hughes

Updated to 13th September 2019
    Keep thes scores coming and good luck..Jac :rose:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5871

I’ve fired off an email to the boys in blue Jac, and as politely as I can
    manage, I’ve let them know that it has been disappointing that the competiton
    seems to have taken a back seat in relation to bonus races. I’ve asked them to
    consider getting the ball rolling before the competition heads to a close. I’ll
    wait and see if I get any response.

On the horsey front, I was happy enough with Royal Crusade today. He ran a good race
    and was just run out of it by a very good horse. Even so, that’s another 300 points
    which has punted me up to 5980 points and position 170. I hope all goes well tomorrow
    for Pinatubo, although I’d imagine most of those in the competition have him anyway.

Just a pity that Royal Crusade and Sir Ron Priestly both ran into decent horses, 2 2nds
    don’t get me any further points for your Saturday Competiton Jac. Not to worry, onwards
    and upwards :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 183 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.