The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

godolphin colt at lingfield today

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks godolphin colt at lingfield today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

colourful score cost $3,500,000 and is making it’s debut at lingfield today – back it or lay it ?

if classira runs to form or better it will probably take a run of something like 90+ to beat it ?

if colourful score runs a dud and classira runs below form maybe areyaam can win but the rest need to show some improvement to beat the three of these in my opinion

i’m not going so i’ll only have the market to guide me, interesting race though i think

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Seems your contemplating 3 different outcomes, sberry. If in doubt l would leave well enough alone.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

four outcomes actually, including ‘the rest’ – this is why i think it’s an interesting race

i like interesting races :)

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

I think it would have to be an extremely talented animal to win this race today on it’s first ever run, though not beyond the realms of possibility.

Classira almost certainly sets the standard, while Areyaam’s debut run was a fine effort, with his latest run in the mud easily ignored.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Mike

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Incidentally, would you have expected Frankie to be on board if it was expected to win, or don’t you think there is any relevance in the fact that Havlin is up and Frankie is at Newmarket where Godolphin have no runners.

I have no doubt that Frankie would have preferred to be at Newmarket, but wouldn’t he have needed permission from his bosses not to ride the colt at Lingfield – and also, the fact that Frankie is at Newmarket riding a Noseda newcomer (Captain Brilliance) rather than the $3.5m colt at Lingfield, could well be seen as a positive for Captain Brilliance.

I’m not one for getting involved with which jockey is required at a certain place or to ride a certain horse, so the above could be a load of tosh lol.

Mike

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

i think it would’ve been very harsh to make frankie miss day 2 of the july festival for one runner at lingfield and as lingfield today is a rescheduled southwell fixture and i’m guessing godolphin wouldn’t have sent this horse to southwell, frankie may well have been committed at newmarket ?

either way, another interesting spin on the race, classira to win or the godolphin horse to turn out to be rather good ?

or something else ?

:lol:

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

Frankie rides Laverock for Godolphin in the Princess of Wales (G2).

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Frankie rides Laverock for Godolphin in the Princess of Wales (G2).

Thanks for that. I stand corrected on all counts lol.

Mike

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

frankie not riding at all today now – shoulder strain ?

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Can start his hols a day earlier now

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

What a wonderfully bred colt.

Interesting to see it doesn’t hold any other engagements after this race. Godolphin have a 50% record at Lingfield (2-4) this season. This entry asks more questions than answers.

However, at 3-1 it’s worthy of a small wager. Based purely on it’s breeding, the remainder of the field aren’t exactly world beaters and Saeed Bin Suroor horses are running well.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

I’ve backed the Prescott filly ~ got completely stuck in the mud at Newcastle and is overpiced at around 12/1 on Betfair currently. Classira sets the standard, but she’s bred to improve for twelve furlongs and I’m surprised they keep trying her at a mile. I’ve laid her at 6/4 as this is a surprisingly tasty looking maiden for the time of year.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Great start to his career :lol:

Like the commentator said, he is already looking very expensive.

Mike

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Well sberry bet you didn’t think of that possibility!!!! :lol: :lol:

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

obviously i neglected to consider outcome five :roll:

spoilt the race as the form choice won without the expected competition

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.