The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Glory, glory…

Home Forums General Sports Glory, glory…

Viewing 7 posts - 18 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

Stavros, everyone knows you’re a Southside Newington wa*nker

I wish … but right now that’s just an aspiration.

πŸ™‚ 😎

Steve

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Quote: from Grasshopper on 10:56 pm on Mar. 26, 2007[br]

Friggo, you’re right, Connery isn’t a Leither……he just says he is, in order to look even cooler than he already is. Again, with you being a Jambo, you probably hail from BroomToon or some other ghastly west-side toilet…….why don’t you just move to Weedgie?<br>

Woah woah woah woah woah! You can accuse me of being many things, but a kid-on Weeg is not one of them! There are boundaries of taste and decency that a man just shouldn’t cross.

For the record, I hail from Magdalene (halfway between Craigmillar and Portobello, in case you seldom venture so far East). In addition, I was born probably within sight of Easter Road, at the Elsie Inglis. I was just blessed with sense from a young age, hence my leaning away from the green side!

And as for the ‘typical Leifer’ debate (‘f’ added for authenticity), one may argue about many factors of this theoretical being, but there is only one thing for certain: his sister/cousin/mother/auntie will run a sauna! πŸ˜‰

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Just to clear the air, I didn’t take any genuine offence at accusations of Weegieness, but the thought of pronouncing the non-zero unit of the binary system as ‘waan’ sends shivers up my spine.

Unfortunately I cannot remember the old ASDA design (i.e. pre- green sign), although I think I was around for it’s later days (born ’86). I know some staff there now, and I can’t imagine it’s very hard to sneak some choried gear past them even nowadays! :rolleyes:

You may be surprised to know that Hibees are quite hard to come by in this part of town. I know, I didn’t think they had that much savvy either! But worryingly, my neck of the woods, and more so its environs, have went to the even darker side recently. Yes that’s right, Celtic fans cropping up everywhere! They may even be emulating their Western bretheren by steering clear of the Imperial Leather, but I can neither confirm nor deny this.

And I have to applaud your last comment, and hope that no East Lothian folk are reading, as they’ll be straight over to join in! However, I’d like to point out that ‘close families’ are far more prevelant in Niddrie than Magdalene. Thankfully, we have that fire break known as ‘Bingham’ to keep most of them from getting through! πŸ˜‰

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8979

NO Proclaimers jibes, slander or general slagging allowed.

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

I’m surprised that no-one has commented on last week’s Ch4 documentary about Leith (Wedding Belles).

Steve  

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

Or

"NO Proclaimers jibes.

Slander or general slagging allowed." <br>

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Quote: from cormack15 on 11:05 pm on Mar. 30, 2007[br]NO Proclaimers jibes, slander or general slagging allowed.

<br>

I had no idea it sounded like that! I can’t speak for Grasshopper, but I was just mucking about!

And as for the Proclaimers, well done to them for their first #1 single. Although it’s a bit low that they had to get the sympathy vote by using 2 diabled guys! πŸ˜‰

Viewing 7 posts - 18 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.