The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ginger's Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Ginger's Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 987 through 1,003 (of 1,553 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Race Of The Day
    1:20 Ascot
    24 points @ 16/1 (B365) Blades Lad (min 12/1)

40 points @ 5/1 (generally) Ink Master* (min 4/1)

saver:
    24 points @ 11/4 (generally) Ozzy Thomas (min 11/4)

Value Is Everything
    MTOTO88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 343

Hi GT – We all look forward to your tips and whilst we appreciate that you are busy or sometimes you notice some better prices late on. Is there any chance that you could give some advance warning on here that you may be posting something that day. I have been refreshing this page every half an hour today expecting that you may find something at Ascot to bet on but I still managed to miss your 1.20 tips (luckily for me as they all lost) and would have been gutted to watch one of them win. All the best

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Hi GT – We all look forward to your tips and whilst we appreciate that you are busy or sometimes you notice some better prices late on. Is there any chance that you could give some advance warning on here that you may be posting something that day. I have been refreshing this page every half an hour today expecting that you may find something at Ascot to bet on but I still managed to miss your 1.20 tips (luckily for me as they all lost) and would have been gutted to watch one of them win. All the best

Understand your frustration and will try. :good:

Nearly missed that 1:20 myself Mtoto (wish I did). :lol: Had it down as being “1:50” and still studying 10 mins before the race. Wasn’t expecting to bet at all today, don’t usually like novice handicaps like 1:20, 1:50 long odds-on fav with 5 runners and two with similar chances of the one place. 2:30 is an excellent novice, with two of my favourite novices so far, but they’re both at prices I’d expect and four front runners in the race! – no thank you. 3:05 Conditional Jockeys and 3:40 NHF. Really should have stuck to my guns, but there were a few I thought worth fielding against in the 1:20 and Blades Lad looked massive @ 18/1 on betfair! (not that he proved it). Very, very few of my bets in races are late, probably less than 2%. Yesterday’s and today’s aren’t typical. Vast majority will be the evening/night before, most others up to mid day on day of race.

But had I posted an advance warning today it would have been “No Bet”, so after saying “no bet” I’d then come on here with an outsider.

Will try and give an advance warning in future, but be aware – because I bet whenever I see “value” – you’ll still run the risk of missing bets.

Next bet probably late afternoon/early evening today for tomorrow. :good:

Value Is Everything
    MTOTO88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 343

Thanks for the reply GT. You are right that typically you don’t normally post so near to start of a race though I do appreciate that if you see value then you’ll post whenever.
    One other thing I have noticed is that if you post the night before and the Betfair market is still very weak the recommended bookmaker often cuts their odds fairly swiftly thus your top price is no longer available. They know you’re too good. Is it not better to wait at least for the Betfair market to establish before posting so that you can get on to your recommended stakes rather than the pittance the said bookmaker will allow you?
    Good luck the the weekend and have a great Christmas and New Year

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Thanks for the reply GT. You are right that typically you don’t normally post so near to start of a race though I do appreciate that if you see value then you’ll post whenever.
    One other thing I have noticed is that if you post the night before and the Betfair market is still very weak the recommended bookmaker often cuts their odds fairly swiftly thus your top price is no longer available. They know you’re too good. Is it not better to wait at least for the Betfair market to establish before posting so that you can get on to your recommended stakes rather than the pittance the said bookmaker will allow you?
    Good luck the the weekend and have a great Christmas and New Year

If I see a value bet and don’t take it when available then there’s likely to be other good judges who’ll see it and take the price. So if waiting there’d be a big risk of leaving me with nothing.

Some bookmakers shorten the price within a minute of me backing, so is frustrating prices don’t last long when posting a bookies price. I do post a “minimum price” to take. If I post advice before getting on myself then I’ll again run the risk of the price shortening.

Again, if waiting until liquidity improves on betfair I run the risk of the price shortening. I do – when remembering – give how much money is available at time of writing.

So in short – it’s about getting on when the price is available. With bookies shortening prices just because I back/tip a horse; it’s unfortunate the more successful thi thread is, the less likely followers are likely to get the top price. Although I have noticed a lot of prices might disappear with bookmakers in the evening and then reappear for a short time when betting opens in the morning. So if you can’t get on at the advertised price you might try the day of race Early Odds; especially on a Saturday when Tom Segal dominates market moves.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Long Walk Hurdle
    81 points @ 9/4 (B365) Thistlecrack* (min 15/8)(NRNB)

15 points @ 16/1 (FD) Dynaste* (min 12/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Long Walk Hurdle

saver:
    4 points @ 28/1 (betfair) Tagliatele (min 25/1)(£14 available)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Long Walk Hurdle

saver:
    4 points @ 28/1 (betfair) Taglietele (min 25/1)(£14 available)

partial saver:
    10 points @ 9/2 (PP) Reve De Sivola (min 9/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Race Of The Day
    3:00 Ascot
    33 points @ 8/1 (FD) Salubrious* (min 7/1)
    (looks like it’s Pricewise, so you could get a bit better in the morning)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Race Of The Day

29 points @ 13.5/1 (betfair) Wikanda* (min 10/1)(£34 available)

Value Is Everything
    MTOTO88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 343

This site is pretty good for getting Pricewise selections early, GT, if it’s any help. Though I’m sure you’re aware Tom Segal’s not had a great year

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Race Of The Day

29 points @ 13.5/1 (betfair) Wikanda* (min 10/1)(£34 available)

saver:
    12 points @ 7/1 (WH) Fingal Bay (min 7/1)

Value Is Everything
    MTOTO88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 343

HAHA – Forgot to insert the link

MTOTO88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 343
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:35 Ascot
    26 points @ 7.8/1 (betfair) Jolly’s Cracked It* (min 11/2)(£26 available)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

9 points @ 54/1 (betfair) Song Light* (min 40/1)(£9 available)
    13 points @ 49/1 (betfair) Present Arms* (min 40/1)(£132 available)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

9 points @ 54/1 (betfair) Song Light* (min 40/1)(£9 available)
    13 points @ 49/1 (betfair) Present Arms* (min 40/1)(£132 available)

39 points @ 6.8/1 (betfair) Winners Massagot* (min 6/1)(£223 available)

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 987 through 1,003 (of 1,553 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.