The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ginger’s Winners 2024+

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Ginger’s Winners 2024+

Viewing 17 posts - 324 through 340 (of 976 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32984

“14:15 Ascot Sagaro:
    (8.5%) £98 @ 11/4 (B365) Sweet William (min 5/2)”
    ————————————————
    saver:
    £30 @ 4.7 (betfair £50 available) Trueshan (min 4.3)

Value Is Everything
    jimmy gimini
    Participant
    • Total Posts 492

You’re spot on about segaro ginger. Regarding ground, etc. Wouldn’t surprise me if Quickthorn steals it from the front but his consistency. I’m happy to sit this one out for sure.

jimmy gimini
    Participant
    • Total Posts 492

Have you looked at the 1:40? Another really tricky race. Surprised to see Docklands so short :unsure:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32984

14:50 Ascot Commonwealth Cup Trial
    (6.4%) £73 @ 9/2 (WH) Adaay In Devon (min 4/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32984

14:50 Ascot Commonwealth Cup Trial
    ———————————————-
    savers:
    £24 @ 6/1 (B365) Starlust (min 6/1)
    £8 @ 21 (betfair £8 available) Rosario (min 20/1)

Value Is Everything
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

“Have you looked at the 1:40? Another really tricky race. Surprised to see Docklands so short”

I was surprised by that as well

Have played epictetus at 9/2 with a saver on maljoom

Epictetus finished ahead of both docklands and maljoom last season. Goes well fresh having won first start at 2 and 3. Been gelded over the winter which will hopefully eke out a little more improvement.

jimmy gimini
    Participant
    • Total Posts 492

Epictetus now 5/1 on the exchange. I’m the opposite maljoom main with a saver on Epictetus. Maljoom was giving a race fit epic 4 lbs and an almost 500 day lay off in that race. Epictetus quite a small horse. I think Maljoom will make a nice 5 year old and has the ability to come off a slowly ran race. Hoping no softer than gd to soft otherwise I may have to lay the bet. (Sorry ginger for messing up the thread)

Participant
    • Total Posts 32984

I have looked at the 1:40 Jimmy / FF… and filed it under the too difficult column.
    I was on Majloom in the St James’s Palace when he was so unlucky. But often when horses are out for so long they aren’t capable of the same form and we don’t know yet if he’s as good as ever. Also his biggest asset is imo speed / quickening, not sure he’ll be suited by this ground. Then there’s the unexposed owner companion Quddwah who “could be anything”, but needs to improve…
    Not surprised Docklands is favourite on his course 3rd in the Balmoral, but as you both say – he’s far too short. If I backed anything it would probably be Epicteus each way, with Gosden in flying form, gelded and has soft ground form from right handed Goodwood. The outsider Kingdom Come isn’t out of it either if able to convert AW form, but Cox could be in better form… The thing that made me resist a bet most though was I can’t see who would make the running. Whoever does could have an advantage. Is the fav short because they’re going to make the running? :unsure:
    So no bet for me.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32984

Don’t worry about discussing any race on here Jimmy. :good:

Value Is Everything
    jimmy gimini
    Participant
    • Total Posts 492

Spot on ginger thanks. I agree. Epictetus will make the running from what I have seen IMO. Tom Marquand will be hammering away on Maljoom and he’ll fly home :yahoo: like you said tricky race that’s how I feel about the 2 races today but happy to chance 10/3 Maljoom at the time Epictetus wasn’t 11/2 :wacko:

TheNovice
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26

I had a look at the 1.40 last night and agree it’s a really trappy little race. I’ve had a nibble on Kingdom Come at 10-1 each way. He should have a fitness advantage on the others and I’m hoping some cut in the ground will bring out some improvement on his turf form. Agree with GT though, the Cox yard isn’t flying at the moment.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32984

“14:50 Ascot Commonwealth Cup Trial
    savers:
    £24 @ 6/1 (B365) Starlust (min 6/1)
    £8 @ 21 (betfair £8 available) Rosario (min 20/1)”
    ————————————————–
    (5.0%) £55 @ 4.8 (betfair £61 available) Purosangue (min 4.7)

Value Is Everything
    jimmy gimini
    Participant
    • Total Posts 492

Kingdom come won’t like any cut in the ground imo studying the action. That’s the beauty of the puzzle though

TheNovice
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26

Possibly not Jimmi. Tbh, I’m not knowledgeable enough to read a horses action. I looked at his Dams form though and she liked soft ground. Anyway it’s only a small bet I’ve had. I thought 10-1 was too big. Good luck :good: I’m sure GTs winners will cover my losses :)

jimmy gimini
    Participant
    • Total Posts 492

I could well be wrong. I’ll enjoy (or maybe not haha) to see what Happens. Interesting race

TheNovice
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26

Cheers Jimmy, I’m very much learning when it comes to horse racing and loving reading through people’s analysis on this forum. I’d checked Kingdoms breeding to see if soft ground would suit, however, I hadn’t even thought about looking at a horses action. Win or lose you’ve provided me with a little nugget of information I can use moving forward 👍

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

“I hadn’t even thought about looking at a horses action”

This is the vital thing to look at when trying to figure out what surface a horse will prefer

Rounded knee action = soft ground horse
    Straight legged daisy cutter = better ground horse

Viewing 17 posts - 324 through 340 (of 976 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.