The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 885 through 901 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

5:00 Goodwood
    30 points @ 6/1 (VC) Confirmed*

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

15 points @ 18/1 (VC) Rondeau*

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:45 Goodwood
    36 points @ 7/1 (C) Invisible Hunter*
    16 points @ 7/2 (C) Commend

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

16 points @ 7/2 (C) Commend*

Make commend in to a main bet:
    Another:
    23 points @ 7/2 (VC) Commend*

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:20 Goodwood
    35 points @ 13/2 (VC) Boom And Bust*

B&B now a NR so:

42 points @ 4/1 (WH) Zumbi*

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:20 Goodwood
    35 points @ 13/2 (VC) Boom And Bust*

B&B now a NR so:

42 points @ 4/1 (WH) Zumbi*

7 points @ 6/1 (FD) Regal Realm

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

16 points @ 7/2 (C) Commend*

Make commend in to a main bet:
    Another:
    23 points @ 7/2 (VC) Commend*

8 points @ 10/1 (betfair) Harvard N Vale (£3 available 10.5/1, £25 available 10/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

15 points @ 18/1 (VC) Rondeau*

Confirmed now a NR. :roll:

48 points @ 9/2 (VC) Emkanaat*

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Didn’t do too well at Goodwood, partly unlucky, partly my own poor work/study.

Had some other bad news today:

Dear Mr Chapman,

Your StanJames.com username is – (EDIT xxxxxxx).

All Stan James accounts are reviewed on a regular basis by our Trading team, and due to betting patterns on this account the decision has been made to close it.

I would make you aware that this decision has been made at the highest level and will not be reversed. Any open bets will be honoured, and any outstanding balance will be returned to you via your normal withdrawal method.

Kind regards,

John.

The Stan James Team.

My first actual closure of an account. Stan James had limited me to winning £100 a bet for some time. Will continue to quote Stan James top prices for TRF members to get on, even if I myself will need to find an alternative bookmaker.

It’s a strange feeling of pride and disappointment.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

One word of warning.
    Be a bit careful if you have an account closed by Stan James. As the above says, "any outstanding balance will be returned to you via your normal withdrawal method". It is years since Stan James took any money from my bank account, so they didn’t have any "normal withdrawl method". Had I just expected them to send my outstanding balance to my bank, that outstanding balance would’ve stayed in Stan James bank account for how long? A week, month, year, decade or until I realised and got in touch with them? :roll:

Value Is Everything
    Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Ginger, surely the normal withdrawal method is the way you receive money from them. In most cases it is via a deposit into the bank account registered on your account. Some years ago I had to have a cheque sent by a nice firm in Ireland because I had not kept the bank details up to date but it was hardly their fault that I had neglected to provide them with current information. Due to problems with identity theft, money laundering etc it is perhaps better that they do not just put the money into some random account like some government body.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

My Stan James account used to be a debit phone account, where every bet was taken from my card and every winner immediately put back in to my bank account. However, some time ago they closed that account, saying it would be easier for them to keep an eye on my transactions if it was done solely on the internet. Ever since that time I hadn’t withdrawn any money, the winnings just kept on piling up. I didn’t want to take any money out, because I didn’t want to tip them off and they’d close the account. As it was, they closed it anyway.
    As I’d been betting with my winnings for some considerable time they hadn’t got my new card details. So they couldn’t use my "normal withdrawl method" to send me the account funds, there was no "normal withdrawl method".
    My gripe with Stan james EF, was they’d told me the outstanding money would be paid, when it was impossible for them to do so. ie Had I presumed they’d do what the e-mail suggested, I might have forgotten about it, thinking the money had been transfered… and never recieved my money!

Value Is Everything
    Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

I can understand your concern regarding that the money may have ended up dormant but in their original letter informing you of the closure of your account it does state "any monies WILL be returned to you via normal method" implying that they had yet to attempt to do so. Until they had attempted to do so it is perfectly possible that they would not necessarily been aware that your card details were not up to date. Once they had made a failed attempt then I am sure they would have contacted you to inform you that they could not complete the transaction. The initial close account email has a very generic look to it and is probably sent out any time a decision is made to close an account. Your assumption that they would not have attempted to make further contact with you once they had failed to reimburse you via the normal method seems to be a result of annoyance at having the account closed rather than having any basis in fact.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Your assumption that they would not have attempted to make further contact with you once they had failed to reimburse you via the normal method seems to be a result of annoyance at having the account closed rather than having any basis in fact.

I don’t "assume" anything EF, just asking the question what would’ve happened. It may be they would’ve got back in touch when they had tried, but the e-mail is still wrong. If they weren’t aware my details were not up to date then they should’ve been. They’ve obviously had people using winnings as their betting money before (identical situation to mine). If they can look at the account closely enough to close it, surely they can look at the other details. If it was the "generic" standard message, then they should make sure the "generic" standard message is applicable.

Look, it’s no big thing, just warning other people what might happen if their account is closed.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

6:35 Salisbury
    62 points @ 7/2 (SKY) Operation Chariot*

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

6:35 Salisbury
    62 points @ 7/2 (SKY) Operation Chariot*

Partial saver:
    15 points @ 3/1 (FD) Timoneer

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

7:10 Salisbury
    25 points @ 9/1 (SJ) Emerald Invader*
    25 points @ 8/1 (Sporting) Little Dutch Girl*
    5 points @ 10/1 (FD) Marmas

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 885 through 901 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.