The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 851 through 867 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:30 York
    41 points @ 6.8/1 (betfair) Rosdhu Queen* (£75 available)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

41 points @ 6.8/1 (betfair) Rosdhu Queen* (£75 available)

15 points @ 10/1 (WH) Pearl Sea

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Very much so. Thanks Ginge

I think the problem most punters have when following someone else’s selections is sticking with them though thick and thin. I do think you’ve proved your way of betting is pretty bomb proof over a length of time though.

Rather than pick up the scraps prices wise I think I’ll pick my own selections using your idea and see how it goes. Even if I lose 5k it will last a lot longer than the last time I lost that amount which took less than 4 minutes :mrgreen: Happy punting and keep up the good work

Nice of you to say I’ve "proved" the way I bet Fist.

Are you contemplating making your own 100% books? :shock: Or do you mean you’re going to back multiple horses in the same race?

Wish you luck in your quest Fist.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:40 York
    39 points @ 7/2 (B365) Shareta*

4 points @ 22/1 (SJ) Bible Belt

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Won’t count Bible Belt in profit/loss, price went before I could finish putting it up. :roll:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:00 York
    49 points @ 3/1 (SJ) Rocky Ground*

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:00 York
    49 points @ 3/1 (SJ) Rocky Ground*

Above bet Blessington already a non-runner so no R4.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Won’t count Bible Belt in profit/loss, price went before I could finish putting it up. :roll:

23 points @ 7/4 (VC) The Fugue

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Nunthorpe
    43 points @ 11/2 (FD) Ortensia*

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Nunthorpe

32 points @ 5/1 (Boyle) Pearl Secret*

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"Gingertipster":1n23l41e wrote:

Nice of you to say I’ve "proved" the way I bet Fist.

Are you contemplating making your own 100% books? :shock: Or do you mean you’re going to back multiple horses in the same race?

Wish you luck in your quest Fist.

Ginge you have proved your ‘System’ works time and again and yet I dont see anyone else using it,I wonder if like myself some of us possibly get a bit too attached to ‘our’ horses and therefore dont like betting against them.I for one am very loyal to certain horses and cant just see them as a number in a race as you your self does.You seem to detach yourself from the emotion of our great sport and that discipline definately reaps reward,just an observation mate but if ‘Fist’ follows your train of thought he’ll get hit by one when he invests 10,000 points on horse A, 5,000 on horse B, 2500 on horse C, 1000 on horse D and bloody Horse E wins in a 5 runner race! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Gimcrack
    30 points @ 5/1 (BSQ) Lewisham*

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Ginge you have proved your ‘System’ works time and again and yet I dont see anyone else using it,I wonder if like myself some of us possibly get a bit too attached to ‘our’ horses and therefore dont like betting against them.I for one am very loyal to certain horses and cant just see them as a number in a race as you your self does.You seem to detach yourself from the emotion of our great sport and that discipline definately reaps reward,just an observation mate but if ‘Fist’ follows your train of thought he’ll get hit by one when he invests 10,000 points on horse A, 5,000 on horse B, 2500 on horse C, 1000 on horse D and bloody Horse E wins in a 5 runner race! :shock:

Thanks Gord,

There are plenty of successful backers who bet anything they believe is value, ie more than one horse per race (if needs be). Though you’re right Gord, just not on TRF (yet). A lot of professional gamblers do it my way.

I think most punters like to come to a definite decision when asked "who’s going to win"? So they can be either right or wrong. Which is why most don’t like my approach.

By going for the value bet I am neither right or wrong in any opinion. ie A selection may finish last but (with everything known about the horse/race beforehand) if it was value then it was a good bet FULL STOP win or lose. I am only backing it because I believe it is value to win, not because I think it will win. You could say I back the price and not the horse.

When I go racing I normally just watch the race without a whisper. You can’t often hear whether I’ve backed a winner or a loser. Don’t see the point, shouting doesn’t make the horse go faster. Racing pal of mine laughed his head off when I had a 50/1 winner and didn’t celebrate at all. Anyone who knows me Gord will tell you I am devoid of emotion. :lol: Suppose that helps in looking at a race. Not that I don’t have my favourites and get just as much – sometimes more pleasure in seeing them win/win well.

Yesterday I was willing Frankel to win by a street, despite having backed him to win by under 4 1/2 lengths and win bets on Farhh. In the Yorkshire Oaks I was disappointed my favouite filly The Fugue didn’t win and felt quite deflated after the race; despite her being only the saver and Shereta my main bet.

When betting most punters are loyal and back their favourites because if it happened to win without having the money down they feel robbed. I feel the same way about my selections. ie If I backed my favourite horse and didn’t back the VALUE bet, and the VALUE bet won – I’d feel robbed. If punters can replace their feelings towards the LOYALTY bet with the VALUE bet they’d probably do a lot better. You’re right Gord, discipline is key.

I think Fist has shown as Hurdygurdyman he’s now got quite a bit more discipline than he did as Mr Fury. Wouldn’t surprise me if he made a go of it. Of course it’s not just a matter of throwing more arrows at the dart board. Choose those darts carefully, you’ve got to know who the value bets are.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Nunthorpe

One for Gord:
    saver:
    3 points @ 28/1 (VC) Masamah

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Nunthorpe

One for Gord:
    saver:
    3 points @ 28/1 (VC) Masamah

2 points @ 69/1 (betfair) Beyond Desire

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Gimcrack
    30 points @ 5/1 (BSQ) Lewisham*

11 points @ 11/4 (B365) Morawij

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

33 points @ 7/2 (VC) Stipulate*

another main bet and a saver to come.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 851 through 867 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.