The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 817 through 833 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:20 Newbury
    55 points @ 5/2 (VC) Pythagorean*

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Bit unlucky today, well, not really. Just a couple of runner-up main bets.

2:00 Newbury
    73 points @ 2/1 (WH) Just The Judge*

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Bit unlucky today, well, not really. Just a couple of runner-up main bets.

The form of her race has a solid look to it but I find Charlie Hills to be poison with shortish favourites and they don’t always progress as expected. Stable has had a quiet season really.

I will stick with Excess Knowledge, who was added to the Racing Post Trophy entries within the last couple of days, so I am assuming he has been showing them something.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Charlie Hills may not have had a great season Steve, but I’ve heard from a stable insider. He isn’t usually so bullish about their horses, but Just The Judge is expected to win. They really think a lot of her, get the impression she could be their best two year old.

It is a tricky race though. I don’t think any of the runners has made the running before. Might be slowly run and Excess Knowledge won over a mile last time, also by stamina influence Monsun. Unless Buick makes it (held up last time) I can see Excess Knowledge outpaced in the sprint for home. Gosden isn’t in the same sparkling form he was a couple of weeks ago either (though not at all "bad"). Pasaka Boy’s trainer is in cracking form. Has tracked pace before and as such might be the one to go on (be at a possible positional advantage). Probably save on Pasaka Boy in the morning. Ninjago is interesting too, he won over 6f so should have some toe if it turned in to a speed test. Be a little surprised if Miss You Too was good enough to win an average renewal.

My 100% book:
    Just The Judge 6/4, Pasaka Boy 9/2, Ninjago 9/2, Excess Knowledge 5/1, Miss You Too 13/1.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16969

Well done yesterday Ginger and good luck with Just the Judge later today…
    ..off to Newmarket later and it’s the all grey horse race at 2.45 (great sight to see them charging down the 6f July Course like a storm cloud)
    just having a trixie of greys to win in a row today:-

2.45 Time Medicean
    (comes here off the back of a win just like last year)
    3.20 Galician
    (unlucky that his jockey LTO didn’t know Ascot)
    3.55 Fury
    (he seems to be more focused lately)

Expecting Intreped to storm home in the 1.40 and give me some ‘play dough’ for the rest of the card. :wink:

Good luck..with Charlies Hills 2yo Just the Judge at Newbury, will keep an eye out for that one. :wink:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:30 Newbury
    55 points @ 3/1 (BSQ) Brown Panther*

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:05 Newbury
    23 points @ 13/2 (SJ) Pastoral Pursuits*

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:05 Newbury
    23 points @ 13/2 (SJ) Pastoral Pursuits*

39 points @ 7/2 (B365) Soul*

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

4:20 Newbury
    11 points each way @ 25/1 (SJ) Vallais Girl*
    45 points @ 11/4 (VC) Malilla*

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

12 points @ 13/2 (Sporting) Pasaka Boy

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:30 Newbury
    55 points @ 3/1 (BSQ) Brown Panther*

25 points @ 9/4 (B365) Mount Athos

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

..off to Newmarket later and it’s the all grey horse race at 2.45 (great sight to see them charging down the 6f July Course like a storm cloud)

2.45 Time Medicean
    3.20 Galician
    3.55 Fury

Expecting Intreped to storm home in the 1.40 and give me some ‘play dough’ for the rest of the card. :wink:

Good luck..with Charlies Hills 2yo Just the Judge at Newbury, will keep an eye out for that one. :wink:

Thanks Triptch, though don’t think I am worthy as made a loss yesterday. :lol: Haven’t looked at Newmarket, TAPK will know more about Fury, he follows that one over a cliff. He (Fury) was gelded at the start of the season which (I’m told) helps focus male minds. Good luck at Newmarket Triptych, I’m off to Newbury to see Jessie J. :lol:

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Charlie Hills may not have had a great season Steve, but I’ve heard from a stable insider. He isn’t usually so bullish about their horses, but Just The Judge is expected to win. They really think a lot of her, get the impression she could be their best two year old.

It is a tricky race though. I don’t think any of the runners has made the running before. Might be slowly run and Excess Knowledge won over a mile last time, also by stamina influence Monsun. Unless Buick makes it (held up last time) I can see Excess Knowledge outpaced in the sprint for home. Gosden isn’t in the same sparkling form he was a couple of weeks ago either (though not at all "bad"). Pasaka Boy’s trainer is in cracking form. Has tracked pace before and as such might be the one to go on (be at a possible positional advantage). Probably save on Pasaka Boy in the morning. Ninjago is interesting too, he won over 6f so should have some toe if it turned in to a speed test. Be a little surprised if Miss You Too was good enough to win an average renewal.

My 100% book:
    Just The Judge 6/4, Pasaka Boy 9/2, Ninjago 9/2, Excess Knowledge 5/1, Miss You Too 13/1.

Obviously if you have inside info that gives you some advantage. I agree that Gosden isn’t getting the same results he was earlier but whether there is a general problem or it is just that some of his horses have reached the top of their upward curve as they try to progress through the grades. He has had a few nice two year olds winning this past couple of weeks though and although I am a bit surprised Excess Knowledge is running over a furlong shorter this time, it was reported that he travelled well throughout his debut race. Just The Judge looks a great prospect and could be anything, I just have reservations at the odds, taking on colts and with Charlie Hills’ modest form overall.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

3.20 Galician

I am backing this guy today, he is going to think it is his birthday with Rab Havlin on board instead of Chantal Sutherland. I can see him making all and finding a bit more near the finish in typical Mark Johnston style.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Galician went off a ridiculous price and was totally outpaced before making some late headway.

Just The Judge was a nice winner and went off a generous 3/1 as Hannon’s inmate went off 2/1 favourite on the heads of a win in what looked a pretty modest maiden to me. Just to add insult to injury Strong Suit couldn’t reel in a 25/1 shot, thus letting me down for my double with Mount Athos at 2/1 Grrrrr!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Galician went off a ridiculous price and was totally outpaced before making some late headway.

Just The Judge was a nice winner and went off a generous 3/1 as Hannon’s inmate went off 2/1 favourite on the heads of a win in what looked a pretty modest maiden to me. Just to add insult to injury Strong Suit couldn’t reel in a 25/1 shot, thus letting me down for my double with Mount Athos at 2/1 Grrrrr!!

oohhh! Unlucky there Steve. Legal Force allowed a lead, they all thought the outsider would come back to the field. It’s strange, so many "front/prominent runners" in the race, yet several changed tactics. Librano, Mystic Myles, Soul and Red Jazz, played in to the hands of Legal Force. Clive Cox’s horses are in great form at the moment. Nice to see Strong Suit show his first form of the season, though still not at his best. Didn’t have the dapper coat of last year and not convinced he’s as good now anyway.

Just The Judge did the bizz, despite not having the run of the race, coming from last in a slowly run race. Even better than winning distances. Moyglare possibly next on the agenda.

Saver bet Mount Athos won, beating my main bet Brown Panther. Mount Athos is going to Australia for the Melbourne Cup, but looks potentially Group 1 class.

Main bet Soul well backed, looks as if it’s possible needs a bit more cut than today, also 6 might be better than 7 furlongs.

Mallila went clear with Jillnextdoor in the maiden, just as their ratings suggsted. Thankfully Cox and Kirby got the double.

2 good main bet wins, 1 saver win and a loss from bets in four races for me today. Result. :D

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16969

2.45 Time Medicean
    3.20 Galician
    3.55 Fury

Thanks Triptch, though don’t think I am worthy as made a loss yesterday. :lol: Haven’t looked at Newmarket, TAPK will know more about Fury, he follows that one over a cliff. He (Fury) was gelded at the start of the season which (I’m told) helps focus male minds. Good luck at Newmarket Triptych, I’m off to Newbury to see Jessie J. :lol:

Lucky for TAPK that Fury was non runner today, and me too as it helped me to my sole winner at Newmarket Laajooj (got 2/1). Was hoping the Bookie was dyslexic in the case of Time Medicean and Medici Time :wink: but sadly no :( and Galician looked a tired girl in the paddock today, a lot of the horses sweating badly and really feeling the 30 degrees, but nevertheless some great racing and there’s always next week :wink:

Hope you enjoyed Jessie J, she was a sellout at Newmarket last night and 30,000 turned out to see her.
    Well done with Just the Judge and Mount Athos today also and unlucky with your double, those 25/1 shots have a bad habit of peppering the best of bets.

Nothing outstanding to report today from Newmarket but the 2yo

Zanetto

is worth following (pick of the paddock) and in the fillies 2yo race where Richard Hannon once again played ‘find the lady’ with 3 runners

Light up my Life

ran her stable companions into the ground winning at 14/1. Both worth a notebook entry. :wink:
    Back to drawing board :D ‘it’s not about the money money money’ :wink:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 17 posts - 817 through 833 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.