The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gilded

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Gilded was slowly away from the stalls and was dragged by her jockey to the near side and settled in mid-division. 2f out she had loads to do but after the jockey got to work on her and finally swithced to the centre of the track she absolutely flew home and was finsihing best of all, beating her side by a little over 4l. When I come to do my ratings for this I will make allowances for those racing on the near side and I expect Gilded will be rated within 3lb of the winner. Would anyone agree or disagree with this assessment?

On a side note Elhamri put up a great weight performance and showed plenty of heart to hold on in at the death. I didn’t think it would be up to the job, but whether it got faster ground or not, it was and won nicely. I’d be interested to see where both Elhamri and Gilded go next, but I expect a step up in class is in order.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

She was very unlucky, FSL. And 4/1 was a colossal price. Maybe the Newbury five furlongs was a little easy for her.

Take nothing away from the winner, though. Game as a pebble.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Connections are talking about the Molecomb at Glorious Goodwood or Prix Morny in France for the winner who did well giving weight away.<br>Jockey reported that Gilded got her head stuck under the stalls and lost some lengths at the start. She was staying on well at the end but had too much to do.<br>She had a tough race last time out trying to give weight to a highly rated winner and I’m unsure how often connections can go to the well with her

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.