The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Get O’Neill Back On Seta

Home Forums Horse Racing Get O’Neill Back On Seta

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

Yes, I know it isn’t going to happen but she never went a yard for Fallon today. Unbalanced, pulled too hard and never looked like winning, in short a different filly to the one who travelled and sluiced up on debut. Not everything responds to Fallon’s action man style and this may be an example. Of course I could be cutching at straws and maybe my ante-post slip should already be on the bonfire.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

She has a rounder action than Pancake, thought she was going to poke the jockeys eye’s out with her knees, and that was on debut. The ground was too fast today, like it could well be next May. Bookies laughing.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Aside from the fact that she outstayed (she certainly didn’t show anything approaching a sharp turn of foot) mediocre opposition on debut, she ran keenly today, was visibly green, changed her legs a couple of times in the closing stages and wasn’t letting herself down on the ground.

Fallon can’t be blamed for that.

People have perhaps been getting carried away by another wide-margin FTO winner (the subsequent exploits of the likes of Nero’s Return and Carry On Katie haven’t taught the media anything), but Seta was by no means disgraced this afternoon and is clearly a good deal better.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

For a filly who never looked like winning, she fooled a few people into backing her at 1.03 in-running.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3326

No good blaming the jockey for a piece of poor placement by the trainer.

If he’d been more patient and waited eighteen months, Seta could have cleaned up in the championship bumper races restricted to mares only, where her size and action would have been entirely at home.

AP

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

She looked a big, "unfurnished", gangly filly who is bound to improve next year. I wouldn’t write her off just yet.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Never thought I’d see the day someone desperatly wanting Dane O’Neil on a horse lol

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

No good blaming the jockey for a piece of poor placement by the trainer.

If he’d been more patient and waited eighteen months, Seta could have cleaned up in the championship bumper races restricted to mares only, where her size and action would have been entirely at home.

AP

(NAP)

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.