The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gamede

Home Forums Memorials Gamede

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    notepad
    • Total Posts 49

pulled up fatally injured at leopardstown today in a race where 1 faller brought down 6 others, hope all others are ok

RIP Gamede

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1455

Nothing in RP or Irish Racing to say otherwise so guess the other fallers were okay. Sad news about Gamede though, RIP.

Does anyone have news on Susie Van Hall, who pulled up injured in Askanna’s race at Limerick today?

nighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

Nothing in RP or Irish Racing to say otherwise so guess the other fallers were okay. Sad news about Gamede though, RIP.

Does anyone have news on Susie Van Hall, who pulled up injured in Askanna’s race at Limerick today?

RIP Gamede :(

I can’t believe that all of the fallers in that horrible incident are ok. It looked like the chestnut horse (don’t know which one it was), wasn’t going to get up from that. They were all clustered around it (no screens) when they came round again. Looked bad to me.

I too was worried about Susie Van Hall. Looked like a breakdown.

Jane of Herts
    Participant
    • Total Posts 110

At the end of ATR’s broadcast, I’m sure Gary O’Brien mentioned that two horses had died at Leopardstown yesterday; Gamede was one of them but I can’t remember the name of the other one he mentioned.

cjt62
    • Total Posts 39

I thought the horses were all OK and that the fence had been dolled off because it had been trashed or because a jockey was being attended to. Perhaps I’d better have another look at the replay.

I believe the two casualties were Gamede and Celtic Folklore

nighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

According to the ATR result there were 7 fallers in that incident at the 4th, and strangely none of them were Celtic Folklore.

Rick fell and brought down Marlay Park, Acapulco, Inspector Clouseau, Midnight Club, Schinkel, and Bruach Na Mara. The last 3 named were chestnut and the one who looked fatally injured was a very pale (clipped colour)chestnut.

One of the others, up on its feet ok, had its reins caught up on the stricken horse. Was going crazy and pulling it all over the place but the chestnut horse didn’t move.

When they came round again it was hard to see properly because there were so many people shielding it. No screens up but I thought it was a horse they were surrounding. I hope I am wrong.

Whatever the outcome, another bad day at Leopardstown :( :(

freeradical
    • Total Posts 336

Think all the horses were ok in the multi horse incident. They bypassed the fence second time around as one of the jockeys needed care.

Celtic Folklore was in a different race, didn’t hear any definitive news, but the screens were around him a long time.

cjt62
    • Total Posts 39

Sorry, I didn’t make it clear that Celtic Folklore had been running in another race – apologies for the ambiguity of my previous post.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.