The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Further questions on the race-fixing scandal

Home Forums Horse Racing Further questions on the race-fixing scandal

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Professortrubshawe
    • Total Posts 505

Where’s old gingertipster and the ‘what is exactly was wrong with the ride and horse’ brigade?

I’m waiting for their explanation.

Re the police:

Barry Hills stood up a few weeks back as a racing dinner and praised skullduggery, according to Robin Oakley’s ‘The Turf’ column in this week’s Spectator magazine. I don’t know what he may mean by that, I guess its just artfulness. What I mean is that the autorities for years have accepted there is a form of artfulness in racing and on that score I don’t mind it myself if that means the grey areas of handicapping and wrong ground and trip. How you going to find value without those variations?
    I actually like all that because that is very much part of the game.

But what this latest crew have been doing is a different thing, but I wonder if non-racing people, even legal authorities, understand the difference between artfulness and straight criminality. Perhaps this is why the situation has developed.

The more I think about it, the more likely it is that if the police do force the issue they will uncover a hell of a lot more corruption at low-grade level.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

That’s easy PT – trainers are

artful

, jockeys are criminal.

ps Considering the pig’s ear the police made of the Fallon case, I’d doubt they go near this one with a disinfected bargepole

TheBluesBrother
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1079

My only regret in life is that nobody has every given me a brown envelope full of cash.

I thought that the two ex owners who got banned for 14 years came over as very nice chaps and just because they dealt in a bit of larceny, what is wrong with that.

The BHA are only miffed because they live in better houses and drive better cars than they do.

I had to laugh while reading the Racing Post this morning that one of them tried to build a travellers camp next door to Elton John’s place in Windsor, I thought that was priceless :D

Living just down the road from Lambourn I should have informed the BHA on what I been told over the past 3 decades and that would have kept them busy for the next 10 years.

An example from an ex trainer while speaking to him in his yard:
    "he will run 3 times and the first 2 without blinkers and when you see him on his 3rd run with blinkers, back him".
    The result was an all the way winner at 7/1, my dad was very happy :D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.