The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Friday 9th June

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Friday 9th June

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Bloody hot weather means I’m looking at tomorrows form instead of sleeping. The 2:20 Catterick race is quite interesting from a betting point of view. The reason I say this is becuase there is reason to believe two will be overbacked these being Vale Of Belvoir and The Italian Job. The first named is well tipped up, has a race in the book and is in the right sort of race while connections are likely to get stuck into The Italian Job.

I had my wallet out yesterday ready to back NO SURPRISES only to find it was a non-runner. It was pulled out in favour of this race which is very significant in my view. The ground conditions were identical yesterday (1f further) and I can only assume the trainer felt the horse had a better chance in this race. Talking of the trainer he has his 2yo in fine form and I have noticed his 2yo first time out winners aren’t always backed so I will not be worried if there isn’t much support for No Surprises. At round about 10/1 I will be having most of todays kitty on it e/w. There are likely to be plenty of challengers including the other newcomer ridden by Winston but perhaps The Italian Job will follow my selection home (with a bit of luck) as she was a touch unlucky last time and still shapes as though there is improvement to come.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

They won’t see which way The Italian Job goes here. Lightning quick ground will be right up her street, she has an edge of experience over these, has form over the unique track, still looked a bit green last time so should have come on for that. This fillies only race loosk weaker than her latest outing and the form she showed there is on a par with anything that won the race the 3 previous times it was staged.

She is excellent value at 3/1 and I’ve had my second biggest bet of the season on this.<br>

• Total Posts 2065

Two questions DJ.

What do you think about No Surprises?

What was your biggest bet on?

Good Luck with The Italian Job I have it top rated of those that have run

• Total Posts 2065

When I backed No Surprises at 1:30PM it was 8.0 on Betfair. Is it revealing that its now trading at 4.8?

The Italian Job is becoming very interesting at 5.0

• Total Posts 2065

No Surprises withdrawn. We will never know. The favourite won.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Biggest bet this season wasn’t actually on a 2-y-o, it was on Saif Sareea when he found plenty of trouble at Beverley on his Flat reappearance.

• Total Posts 2065

Okay. Do you still own Saif Sareea DJ or did you sell him at the sales?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Sold him for 50,000 gns to Nicky Richards.

• Total Posts 2065

Sounds like good business DJ though I don’t pretend to know much about sales/ value.

I didn’t see the race with The Italian Job I only saw the odds in running on betfair; did TIJ miss the break?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

No. The Italian Job essentially had every chance, I guess there is a chance it wasn’t suited by the fast ground.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.