The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Frankie Dettori Tests Positive

Home Forums Horse Racing Frankie Dettori Tests Positive

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    CrustyPatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 921

If Dettori gets a six-month ban, it will be interesting to see if the TV companies rush to sign him up as a paddock pundit and general cheeky chappie.

If it turns out that he has been taking cocaine, you would like to think that Channel 4 and others wouldn’t rush to sign him up as a "personality" to enliven their coverage with a "big name expert".

It would be sending out the wrong message to appear to be condoning or at least turning a blind eye to a drugs matter by lining his already bulging pockets with lucrative media work.

At least we won’t have the sight of him squashed between Jim McGrath and Francome in the Channel 4 paddock commentary box. Francome won’t be there and he has wasted no time in blasting Dettori publicly in The Sun.

Mind you, it makes a change for Francome not to do his default-position automatic defending of any jockey, no matter what they have done.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

I really hate drugs and he is a fool, but if it’s cocaine, I hope the ban is shorter than 6 months, testing positive is different to being under the influence isn’t it? That said I’d be sacked if it was me.

Fallon got 6 months when caught on coke by the French didn’t he? There is the precedent

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

If Dettori gets a six-month ban, it will be interesting to see if the TV companies rush to sign him up as a paddock pundit and general cheeky chappie.

If it turns out that he has been taking cocaine, you would like to think that Channel 4 and others wouldn’t rush to sign him up as a "personality" to enliven their coverage with a "big name expert".

It would be sending out the wrong message to appear to be condoning or at least turning a blind eye to a drugs matter by lining his already bulging pockets with lucrative media work.

At least we won’t have the sight of him squashed between Jim McGrath and Francome in the Channel 4 paddock commentary box. Francome won’t be there and he has wasted no time in blasting Dettori publicly in The Sun.

Mind you, it makes a change for Francome not to do his default-position automatic defending of any jockey, no matter what they have done.

Instead of being part time jockey and part time pizza salesman and Ascot PR man, he will have all the time in the world to do the latter full time

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Maybe Godolphin had already got wind of this and decided to part company with Frankie sooner rather than later.

If found guilty, I do think we might have seen the last of Mr. Dettori as a professional jockey.

Sad really, but there you go. :?

The magnificent seven, Daylami, Dubai Millennium, Halling et al seems such a distant memory now. :|

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

The low weights required to ride on the flat is partly responsible for the jockeys being under such stress.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

The low weights required to ride on the flat is partly responsible for the jockeys being under such stress.

Zero Calorie Parmesan anyone?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/frankieparmesan.jpg

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

My mate does too much sniff – he doesn’t ride on the flat. Bizarre?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Maybe Godolphin had already got wind of this and decided to part company with Frankie sooner rather than later.

If found guilty, I do think we might have seen the last of Mr. Dettori as a professional jockey.|

Frankie loves himself more than anyone,he thrives on being centre of attention and is a natural showman,as good a Jockey that he is and has been for over 20 years he is the ‘Robbie Williams’ of the weighing room so its no surprise that he’s being done again.Most would call it a day at this stage of their career but Frankie wont last 5 minutes out of the Public eye so it will be testing times for the self obsessed Italian. One thing is for sure ‘Godolphin’ have dropped him like a hot Potatoe,they have shown no loyalty towards him of late and its rather sad that the relationship has ended this way,hardly that of an employee who has been rewarded with Riches far beyond any jockey ever.Sadly Frankies up front and in your face nature has always been encouraged by the Demons that still haunt him from his Plane Crash and its understandable why.Just shows that all the Tea in China wont taste quite right served from a Cracked Ming! :(

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Frankie is the greatest jockey riding for the last fifteen if not twenty years in GB.He may have had personality problems that got up our noses,but as a jockey he had no betters;the problems he has are similar to Cauthen and Fallon, to many many other sportsmen, probably traceable to the nature of flat racing,weights and individuality,travel and away from home.So lets not dump on him whether we like he stage appearances ,dismounts and vocal utterances or not.He is simply a great jockey.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Out of curiosity, why is everyone concluding that the substance in question must be cocaine?

Judging by the vagueness of the official statement by France Galop, there is nothing to lead us to be so certain. I hoped that it might be alcohol – with Dettori perhaps still having it in his system from a drink the previous night (Ryan Moore Style).

If there is another statement that has been released naming cocaine, please could somebody point me towards it. If there is no such thing, then perhaps we should be more careful with our words.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Yeah he was accused of sexual behavior in public he was caught kissing his grandmother.

wordfromthewise
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

Typically frustratingly provocative shoulder-shrugging nonsense from Francome on the Morning Line this morning suggesting that Frankie should be expected to be perfectly happy with how Godolphin sidelined him prior to ending his retainer just because they were still paying him…….as a top class sportsman himself he surely can’t believe that.Silly.

The messy situation had to be resolved and it would be no surprise if the drugs bust was the ideal opportunity.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1509

It does mention cocaine in this report, but not where they got that information. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/racing/article-2232782/Frankie-Dettori-shame-Jockey-devastated-failed-test-drugs-shame-sees-Coral-remove-champion-jockey-market.html

I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains
    I've walked and I crawled on six crooked highways
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Cocaine was called out in the front page headline of the RP story on this. You’d assume they wouldn’t have mentioned it specifically without some solid info.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Quite a generous assumption Cormack.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Ha, Indeed Andy given the current track record of the nation;’s media.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Frankie is the greatest jockey riding for the last fifteen if not twenty years in GB.He may have had personality problems that got up our noses,

If the stories in the RP and Daily Mail are correct, plus his previous scrape, it appears that plenty goes up his own nose!

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.