The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Findings

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Hey, just popping this thread up so that I have somewhere to jot down anything that I think could be of interest horse racing wise such as horses to watch out for next time and early fancies for any big ante-post races.

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

2000 Guineas- Newmarket 30th April 2011

One that I think could have massive potential at a very big price is ECLIPTIC. I don’t hardly ever back ante-post unless it’s non-runner no-bet. However I have put a small 50p each way (as I don’t mind losing £1 if it’s a non-runner) on this horse, ECLIPTIC, at odds of 100/1.

If blinkers are fitted on him come the 2000 Guineas, then there’s no reason why he can’t be up there challenging for a place. Obviously, FRANKEL is in a totally different league at present and is the one to beat although trends show that favourites have a bad record in this race and that the usual winners are having their first run of the season. I tend to concentrate on trends quite a bit as I had a very good Cheltenham Festival with them finding winners such as Al Ferof and Sizing Europe. I do think Frankel will win the Guineas but I also want to find some value each ways.

Lets see what boxes ECLIPTIC ticks for the trends:
    – 10/10 recent winners finished in the first 3 last time out: CHECK
    – 9/10 recent winners had won over 7f or 1m: CHECK
    – 7/10 recent winners had won at group level: NOPE (He came 2nd in a group 2 after drifting badly right, that’s why I think blinkers will be a big help)
    – 7/10 recent winners were having their first run of the season: CHECK
    – 1/10 recent winners went off favourite: CHECK (There’s no way this lad will go off favourite)

So he fits 4/5 of the main trends, narrowly failing on one of them. This horse is definitely one to watch and could have a big career ahead of him. I’m not sure if he’ll definitely run in the Guineas and that’s why I’ve only got 50p each way on him. Once the runners are declared and he’s in the line up then I’ll have another each way bet on him.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.