The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Frankel is 16yrs old

Home Forums Horse Racing Frankel is 16yrs old

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1972

Today time flies only seems couple years ago he was running his last race and his first foals where born
    Now he a good a stallion as was a racehorse

Vf x

Participant
    • Total Posts 1260

Must admit it doesn’t seem possible he is sixteen.

"Mum and dad cursed the day you were born"

Participant
    • Total Posts 2593

Makes me feel old. Glad I saw him race.

Great sire, like his dad Galileo. Not enough credit given to Urban Sea though. 9 offspring making the track. All black type. Champions, sires… Combination with equally (arguably) broodmare Kind, made his success almost inevitable.

Participant
    • Total Posts 12804

Saw him race live three times – QEII at three, Lockinge at four and his final race where I stood bang opposite the line in the King Edward Enclosure and didn’t budge from an hour before the race to get the perfect view.

Surreal to think he’s 16 as it really doesn’t feel like it was that long ago.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2744

Wow that has really flown by – that last day at Ascot with him falling out the stalls and that final commentary “All comers, all ground, all beaten!” seems like it only happened a couple of years ago.

Remember all the early doubts about whether his stud career could even remotely match up to what he did on the racecourse and that he didn’t seem to stamp his stock as they came in all shapes and sizes…….and now at a comparable age he is currently well on track to eclipse his own record breaking sire.

Such a shame that both his trainer and owner are now both no longer with us to witness what he has done and continues doing in his second career.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16040

I too can’t believe that Frankel is 16 years old and hope he lives twice as long. :heart:

Will never forget him winning the Dewhurst at Newmarket in 2010 followed immediately by Twice Over winning the Champion Stakes it was a wondeful euphoric day that will always stay with me and then the following May I was lucky enough to witness Frankel’s 2000 Guineas procession, the best performance I have seen since Slip Anchor won the Derby.

I’m hoping to visit Banstead Manor again this year and see Frankel for the 3rd time since he has stood there.
    Lady Jane Cecil is usually our Guide and it is lovely to see how Frankel reacts when he sees her :heart: of course it could just be the apple she always brings him which she hides in her pocket.🍎🐎 Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.