The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Football Factory…….

Home Forums General Sports Football Factory…….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25460

I think it’s about time to start a thread and throw a few quid at the football at the weekends. See if we can make a profit…….. :|

Comments and abuse all welcome….!

[u:3usj6fmd]Bet of the Day[/u:3usj6fmd][/color:3usj6fmd]

£10.00 – West Ham to beat Burnley 4/6 (William Hill, VC)

West Ham go into this having found some form on the back of 4 league wins in a row, they are the class team in the Championship and with home advantage should be nearer 1/2 in the betting.

[u:3usj6fmd]Longshot[/u:3usj6fmd][/color:3usj6fmd]

£2.00 – Bristol City to beat Middlesboro 7/4 (VC)

Bristol City sit just off the drop zone after a very bad start to the season but have picked up of late which coincides with Derek Mcinnes taking charge, they have gone their last 6 games without defeat including an away draw at West Ham and a victory over table leaders Southampton. Boro are no mugs but with City having home advantage with the form they are in are worth a shot.

[u:3usj6fmd]First Goal Scorer[/u:3usj6fmd][/color:3usj6fmd]

£2.00 – John Terry, Newcastle v Chelsea 28/1 bet365

Chelsea go into this under a bit of pressure and I think they will try and keep things tight. Any free kicks in wide positions or corners will give Terry the chance to cause problems in the box.

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25460

Not the best starts, we move on.

P/L – £14.00

Monday Night

£10.00 –

Liverpool

to beat Fulham 6/5

(Paddy Power, Tote)

Liverpool must go into this game full of confidence after two wins away at Chelsea and the draw with Man City which stretched their unbeaten record dating back to September 18th to 11 games. Lucas out is a blow but Spearing is a natural replacement and would be my choice ahead of Henderson. Fulham in contrast have only won 2 league games all season and may struggle to keep Suarez and co quiet who ran them ragged last season.

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25460

Tough game that on Monday, I thought L’pool dominated the 2nd half until the sending off but failed to take what chances they created.

P/L -£24.00

Weekend double

£10.00 –

Southampton

to beat Blackpool 8/13 +

Liverpool

to beat QPR 4/11 (

Paddy Power

)

Southampton have lost their last 2 away but are top of the table and on a run of 20 consecutive home wins, Rickie Lambert should also return which is a huge boost being the top scorer in the division and with Blackpool seemingly only able to play one way with a very attacking style it should open them up for when Southampton attack to get more space in which to operate. Shelvey has been an influence for the visitors but has been recalled from his loan which could leave a void.

Liverpool need to take their chances and if they do can see them brushing QPR away without much fuss obviously an early goal would help the cause as they seem to get more frustrated the longer they fail to break the deadlock. If Carroll starts I hope they go with Downing as their was a lack of quality from wide areas v Fulham which restricts the big man’s assets.

Member since March 2008
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.