The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Football 5/6th Jan

Home Forums General Sports Football 5/6th Jan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Stable Star
    • Total Posts 10

Newcastle look a fair bet in the cup,Micheal Owen will probably start.A game the premership side cant afford to take lightly after recent performances in the league.I dont expect Newcastle to play well but I do expect them to grind out a win here.

Newcastle @ 11/8
    Ht/Ft @ 100/30

Match Fact
    Newcastle have never lost to Stoke in the FA Cup

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Good luck with your bet. I think Stoke will be difficult to beat and Newcastle are not playing well at the moment but maybe they will play better tomorrow.
    I have bet on Aston Villa to win the FA Cup at odds of 40/1. It is their only chance of winning a trophy this season. They have a difficult first match against Man Utd but Utd have not been playing at their best recently and it is questionable how motivated they will be tomorrow considering their interests in the Prem and the Champ’s league.
    If Aston Villa can win and the draw is kind to them then 40/1 will look good value……..ok I know I am being optimistic but you have to be in this game.

wakeman
    • Total Posts 434

Hi Stable Star, Funny you should say Newcastle as strangely enough i have been thinking Stoke all day :), you will now understand that Employees of Bookmakers like myself come up with these strange choices more often than not :lol: occasionally they work, but in all seriousness they may never have a better chance, on the other side 11/8 is a good price.

Aside from that i will be doing these 4 Tomorrow, Walsall, Bristol City, Plymouth, and Aston Villa the last named are playing some good stuff at the moment in Trebles and the Accr, so oppose those and you will get a good return :lol:

Have a good un.

Adrian.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

I think Stoke v Newcastle will be a cracking game with plenty of goals in it. I went for a 2-2 draw in my Betfair blog.

I can’t really see many shocks, but I will be having a few quid on Peterborough away to Colchester and a few quid on Sheff United away to Bolton.

I will definitely not be doing any multiples as the FA Cup throws up some funny results from time to time. Forget Chelsea and Everton at 1/6 or whatever they are – I’d rather look for a good 2/1 shot – probably Bristol City to beat my beloved Boro.

Good luck whoever you go for.

Mike

Stable Star
    • Total Posts 10

I think youve got a better chance than you think SwallowCottage just how good have United been recently,losing to West Ham,unconvincing against Everton,other away wins against Liverpool were they ground out a result without playing well and beating a stuggling Sunderland.Tevez is probably out,although they say Rooney could be back,but even so Rooney is hardly on top form at the mo.

Hi wakeman,I wouldnt put you off backing Stoke after all it is the fa cup,Ive just looked at your trebles and I just might follow you with those picks :)

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Stoke??? even though Newcastle aren’t playing as well as they could, surely they will see off Stoke…

I’ll say 3-1 to Newcastle!

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Stoke. Hmm. Nasty team. Bunch of big, ‘in your face’ bruisers who are never happy if the ball remains on the turf for more than half a second. Their stadium has been described as, ‘like a Portaloo on Mars’ by the genius that is Stuart Hall. It will be cold, wet and ugly and as long as Newcastle are up for it, they will be fine. But if they are feeling even a fraction precious, if they turn up in gloves, tights and ear-warmers, then expect the most predictable shock of the round.

Walsall have an excellent chance, by the way. I watched them take Millwall apart the Saturday before Christmas, 3-0 up at half-time and that almost never happens. We also won down there earlier in the season. So nothing can possibly go wrong…..

wakeman
    • Total Posts 434

Morning all, just a quikkie in main to apologies to Mike for mentioning Bristol City to beat his men, just a hunch :).

Cheers for now.

Adrian.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Morning all, just a quikkie in main to apologies to Mike for mentioning Bristol City to beat his men, just a hunch :).

Cheers for now.

Adrian.

No need to apolgise – I have the same hunch. Mind you, when people expect us to get beat we usually win, and when we are expected to win we lose :D

Mike

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Hi Stable Star. Good Luck with your Stoke bet. If Newcastle had been odds-on I’d be laying them … with a view to backing them again during the game to go all green. Don’t think they’ll overcome Stoke early or easily.

Match Fact
    Newcastle have never lost to Stoke in the FA Cup

Surely irrelevant when it comes to punting?

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 669

2/1 Treble on Betfair is my suggestion:

Bolton
    Everton
    Spurs

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

I think Stoke v Newcastle will be a cracking game with plenty of goals in it. I went for a 2-2 draw in my Betfair blog.

I can’t really see many shocks, but I will be having a few quid on Peterborough away to Colchester and a few quid on Sheff United away to Bolton.

A good day for me. The two I fancied both won at odds of 4.6 and 6.4 respectively :D

And to add to my good day, Boro won also. I shouldn’t really be surprised because I didn’t fancy us, everyone on here didn’t fancy us, and every pundit on BBC and Sky didn’t fancy us – and like I say, when we are not expected to win, we do (eg; Arsenal & Portsmouth away).

I’m glad I didn’t do multiples also. Hot favs like Blackburn, Bolton, Birmingham, Colchester etc have already been beaten, and Everton (as low as 1/8 ) are currently getting beat :shock:

…. and I know what you are all thinking – there’s nothing like blowing your own trumpet :lol:

Mike

Stable Star
    • Total Posts 10

Hi Insomniac,thanks for the good luck message :)

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1904

Could be in the minority but I’ve backed Stoke.

wakeman
    • Total Posts 434

Hi all, well no Brucie Bonus for me then :lol: but it looked good at the time, so will attempt to recoup tomorrow with Stoke to win 2-1.

Here’s hoping :).

Cheers for now.

Adrian.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.