The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fondmort

Home Forums Horse Racing Fondmort

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    warrej
    • Total Posts 37
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

One of my fav’s. I remeber his British debut in a novice hurdle at Kempton on Boxing Day one year where he beat Impek narrowly. Not a bad race in hindsight.

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>Can’t say he was a favourite but I’ll always remember that unbelievable jump at the last when he won the Tripleprint at Cheltenham one year.

Doesn’t look good but I really hope that he pulls through…

highflyer1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 218

Terrible news. Let’s hope he pulls through but he’s run his last race. A horse who was a stone better at Cheltenham than anywhere else and his bold performance in the Ryanair Chase will live in the memory.

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

fondmort is one of my favorites<br>a real charecter<br>who says he has run his last race? lots of horses run again after a fractured pelvis. dont think we should speculate

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Agree with Grasshopper without reservation.

gc<br>

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Seconded

Always a game horse with great jumping ability. A joy to watch at cheltenham

Participant
    • Total Posts 1416

In a way, it is just as well that something like that happenned on the gallops rather than in the big race itself.  Very sad, I am quite attached to Fondmort as much as the likes of Sir Rembrandt and Thisthatandtother.  I hope he pulls through.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I can only echo the sentiments of every other poster

Nick Yorke
    • Total Posts 9

Couldn’t agree more with all the comments expressed.<br>It’s a pity that the Racing Post website ran a headline that went something like "TTF horse badly injured" <br>Ten to Follow punters have to take the rough with the smooth (remember last season?), and I’m pleased to see the headline has now been changed to something less cynical.

Monkey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 141

I always liked Fondmort.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Quote: from Nick Yorke on 5:35 pm on Nov. 7, 2006[br]Couldn’t agree more with all the comments expressed.<br>It’s a pity that the Racing Post website ran a headline that went something like "TTF horse badly injured" <br>Ten to Follow punters have to take the rough with the smooth (remember last season?), and I’m pleased to see the headline has now been changed to something less cynical.<br>

<br>Quite agree – by running such a headline first up it read too much like the gelding’s appearance in the TTF list was his main raison d’etre in the RP’s mind.

I also echo RD’s view that his having broken down at home rather than on the track is probably all that’s saving us from using terms such as "rest in peace" already – they wil have gathered him up and got him to a place where he can be worked on far quicker than would have been the case on most racecourses.

The subtext of one of the statements read out on ATR earlier today was that even in his terrible, stricken state, the horse is giving his carers every chance of getting him through by reacting positively and calmly to everything they’ve had to do to him, administer him with, etc. Where there’s life there’s hope, and Fondmort looks damed sure of offering as much of the latter as he is capable of doing at present.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

(Edited by graysonscolumn at 5:54 pm on Nov. 7, 2006)

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Terrible news, fingers crossed for the horse.

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

if fondmort is retired i think the ‘ryan air chase’ should be renamed the ‘fondmort and ryan air chase'<br>

ToneLoc
    • Total Posts 101

Prefer The RyanAir Fondmort Chase myself.

More likely to rename a race at another meeting if it were to happen, chances of renaming a Festival race for him are precisely 0.01%.

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

Yeah, don’t want to go off topic but they haven’t even found a race at Cheltenham to honour Best Mate as promised yet, not to mention renaming the Bula:o<br>

(Edited by PAULCS at 10:12 pm on Nov. 7, 2006)

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Would Fondmort want to be associated with Ryanair? They would probably lose his horsefeed and if Fondmort is disabled they will sling him off the racecourse 😮

Reckon he should demand a change of sponsor before going ahead

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.