The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fleur De Lys 2022

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Fleur De Lys 2022

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13877

Lingfield getting rewarded with a strong entry here, be great if most made it….

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/31/lingfield/2022-01-23/801351

Three proper favourites here for me, and headed by my idea of the winner, Dashel Drasher. I threw a couple of quid his way for The Silviniaco Conti, but his price and the forecast always looked ominous. Forecast not necessarily in his favour this week either, but if this cuts up, he surely won’t be 5’s, and happy for a small Antepost at that price if that holds, though I’d love 6’s.

Remastered has an entry in The Peter Marsh, but I can see them fancying a crack at this. Always wary of betting a horse Antepost, but the current 12’s makes this tempting, and I’m considering him. About the right price on his Tommy Whittle run, massively overpriced on his Ladbrokes Trophy run.

Last but not least on my shortlist is Master Tommytucker. Looks a shade regressive this year, but the 10’s is bigger than I expected, and wouldn’t be the biggest shock here.

Oddschecker showing 100-30 for Dashel Drasher, but 5’s available on site.

Dashel Drasher 5’s
    Remastered

Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 722

I couldn’t bet Bristol De Mai for both of his targets this weekend, so I opted for here at 5-1. He’s is getting on I know, but I think that this race will suit him.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4317

If fakir doudaries turns up this looks like the sort of race he wins

Dashel drasher the obvious danger

Most of the rest are either over the hill or handicappers

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 128

Nice line up here, and I’m hoping that once the market settles that Two For Gold is a nice price, as I really fancy him here.

Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2434

Master Tommytucker is interesting enough for me. He has the same question marks the rest does, but I’ll take the 8/1.
    BDM is just to short on a course that might not suit him. Can’t see him coming down that hill twice and still being in front.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2473

Can’t have Bristol over this distance , one day Tommytucker will put a round of jumping together but Itchy feet is the pick , consistent but hard to win with that last run behind bravemansgame is rock solid form

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 722

I’ve also backed Itchy Feet here. A year ago he was only 2 lengths behind Dashel Drasher despite making several jumping errors. After that a 3rd place in the Melling Chase and 2nd in the Old Roan Chase, beating Midnight Shadow, Fanion d’estruval and Killer Clown which seems really strong form. In his last race he had to give weight to Bravemansgame, obviously too much to do. Now he is getting 6 pounds from Dashel Drasher.

Itchy Feet 5/1

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2473

Jesus Dashel is short , worthy favourite but 6/4 , no way itchy should be 4s , played again

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5149

I’ll put my 50p on young Lieutenant Rocco.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2473

50p green , you been down the back of the sofa again

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2473

Poor tommytucker

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5149

Well done roses. A good ride by David Bass.

It would have been a fab finish to enjoy were it not for Master Tommytucker. Poor chap, the jumping caught up with him at last 🙁

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2473

It was but that spoiled it , nice to see Bristol showing something again but it’s bit a **** weekend for Nicholls

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.