The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Flat Notebook 2021

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

Early start this year, but a horse I’m really looking forward to, is entered up at Meydan on Thursday.

Stunning Beauty
    Really blown away by her at Newmarket in July, and she followed this up with a facile win at Leicester. I think she’s very decent, and should have a big season ahead of her. She’s entered for the Group 2 Cape Verdi, and she’ll hopefully go close. Can’t see her being a price though.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

I was quite surprised that 7-2 was available, so had to take that, for all I don’t bet at those odds too often.

Hope she can get the thread off with a bang.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

That was bitterly disappointing, ooft.

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 220

Greeting VtC,
    If I may I would like to put forward a gelding I’m sure many will remember following an absolutely stunning York run back in 2019.It’s not often I buy into a horse having ill luck in running but I believe MUMS TIPPLE who made his a/w debut yesterday was just that.Following the York success he just didn’t show any of the flair afterwards with his 3yo campaign being a huge disappointment where he only beat 6 of his 51 opponents in the four races he contested.Not seen since early Sept and gelded in the meantime made quite an encouraging a/w debut at Lingfield in the Kachy Stakes.Having been denied a clear passage he finished on the heels of the leaders without being put under any undue pressure.While I’m sure it won’t have gone unnoticed by our bookmaker friends,to me looks a winner in waiting and provided he qualify’s and connections allow the horse to take his chance a live contender for Finals day.
    good luck to all

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

Remember that win well Kid. Looks the perfect type for this thread. Definitely one I’ll keep an eye on, cheers.

GB1960
    Participant
    • Total Posts 14

In 21 will be looking forward to the reappearance of Sevenal

John Gosden colt ran a nice debut 2nd on the Rowley mile last autumn and should make a nice 3-y-o

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

Good stuff GB, I’ll have a look at him.

GB1960
    Participant
    • Total Posts 14

Also like the Aidan O’Brien filly La Joconde

Expensive Frankel purchase failed to win in 4 runs as a juvenile, including twice as the market leader

But I saw enough to think she would make a ni=ce 3-y-o

GB1960
    Participant
    • Total Posts 14

From France I also like the Rouget filly Cythere

Ran two nice races at Deauville as a juvenile

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

That’s a name that takes me back to an old stayer from the Nineties.

I’m guessing this guy will have a bit more toe.

GB1960
    Participant
    • Total Posts 14

Yes, hopefully the above will make nice middle distance types

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

Stunning Beauty back out at Meydan tomorrow. I’m hoping for a vast improvement on last time, but we’ll see.

At this moment in time she’s maybe one for later in the year, but at the same time, I’ll probably have to bet her at around 9’s

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

I did bet her in the end, for all that it mattered. Just very, very disappointing.

Was really looking forward to her this year, but couldn’t have started worse than she has.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.