The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

"Fit and proper" owner test ?

Home Forums Horse Racing "Fit and proper" owner test ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2165
    Tuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

I agree, Happy. I cannot think that this will serve any useful purpose. The example given of Ramzan Kadyrov is ridiculous. If the idea is to ban people who the BHA find personally distasteful then I can’t imagine what sort of objective criteria will achieve their desired result.

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

I agree, Happy. I cannot think that this will serve any useful purpose. The example given of Ramzan Kadyrov is ridiculous. If the idea is to ban people who the BHA find personally distasteful then I can’t imagine what sort of objective criteria will achieve their desired result.

Is the criterion- ‘ do we want warlords with an ‘alleged’ history of serious human rights abuses in racing?’ objective enough?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Could be an interesting Owners Open Day at Gary Moore’s

‘Oh hi Mr Kadyrov, yes the names Jones, Norman Jones.

Nor1
    • Total Posts 384

Don’t forget Brian Wright.
    Thankfully, for those involved, he kept very quiet when finally caught.
    What he did have in his favour was plenty of money.

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

Spot on DJ. Comes to something when Kadyrov is only the third most terrifying owner in the stable…..

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

I read in The RP that Gitano Hernando has just been sold to Chechen monster, Ramzan Kadyrov. According to his bloodstock agent :roll:

"My owner is passionate about racing and is looking to build a bigger string in England this year to go back to Dubai. A couple of them will be campaigned at the big meetings like Mikhail Glinka, who will be targeted at the Ascot Gold Cup."

The BHA were supposedly investigating this bloke but I dont know if anything came of it. If Marcus Reeder and Fergal Lynch are judged "not fit or proper", where does that leave this guy??

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I think the Aussies issued him with a do not return notice and witheld his prizemoney from the Melbourne Cup when Mourilyan was placed. My facts may not be 100% accurate. There certainly was a lot of fuss downunder on this subject.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Surely any Sheikhs from countries like Saudi Arabia should also be looked upon with horror based on their treatment of women?Is chattel the correct word? The sunni tribe are the owners of Saudi and are a fundamentalist, women subjugating tribe.Women who are raped are beheaded for seducing men to rape them!The Dubai sheiks are doing their best to demonstrate a different attitude to women.Also the King of Jordan.That Russian guy is a monster without a doubt.What exactly does bloodstock agent mean in reference to that guy?Whose blood does he stock?

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Might I suggest a warning be posted outside the racetrack similar to that posted on cigarette packs.This place is a danger to your economic health. You enter at your own risk and caveat emptor.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.