The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Finsceal Beo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

I’m surprised nobody has started a thread on Finsceal Beo who I thought was tremendously impressive yesterday. I much prefer her to Sander Camillo for the One Thousand and I agree with those firms that now have her favourite.

Credit to Ladbrokes for holding their stand-out offer of 5/1 about Finsceal Beo but a black mark to the same firm for actually cutting Sander Camillo’s price from 5/1 to 4/1. Quite how yesterday’s action justified that I can’t fathom for the life of me.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Agree re Finsceal Beo. Could it be that the Bolger yard has two superstars munching hay this morning?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

The fact that Noseda’s Rahiyah finished 3 lengths second (beaten around 13 lbs) could justify Ladbrokes cutting Sander Camillo if they believe they have information that Sander Camillo has shown at home she is a stone superior to Rahiyah. But to be honest I’m speculating. Not sure why bookmakers should be criticised for taking a view. Cannot expect them to be standout price on Finsceal Beo and joint-biggest on Sanderr Camillo.

IMO Finsceal Beo produced a similar level of form as in the Boussac, but the sty;le she did it was more impressive in that she showed she doesn’t have to have things set up for her off a lightning quick pace. I have no doubt that her form is superior to what Sander Camillo has done. The likes of Gilded and HopenCharity prevent rating the Cherry Hinton higher.

I am sure Sander Camillo is better than she’s has shown, but I don’t think Finsceal Beo will improve much on her form. Handily for her her current level of form is good enough to win an average 1000 Guineas, she just might be unfortunate to run into an abover-average rival.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

What I don’t understand is where the improvement came from. Finsceal Beo travels to France and bolts up. Where did the improved form come from?

With regards to the Guineas Sander Camillo would have be a dubtful starter bearing in mind she needs Good ground or better. FB is probably the better bet at the stage but if SC turns up I’ll be confident of collecting with my antepost voucher.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Quote: from FlatSeasonLover on 1:26 pm on Oct. 15, 2006[br]What I don’t understand is where the improvement came from. Finsceal Beo travels to France and bolts up. Where did the improved form come from?

quote]

Good question FSL!<br> Trainer’s comments from RP website:

After the filly won first time out she sustained a hairline fracture, which kept her off the track for eight weeks. She then ran in a handicap carrying ninestone seven and that brought her on – [trainer]

On her susequent run in the Goff’s Million, she was almost 7l clear of the 2nd home on her side of the track, Armigerent, currently rated 103. The rest, as they say, is history.<br> <br>

(Edited by reet hard at 1:57 pm on Oct. 15, 2006)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Reet

That would be third home on her side of the track, Regime who is Racing Post Trophy bound was first home on the ‘wrong’ side in the Goffs Million.

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

No, it’s whether she’s three lengths and four pounds better…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Quote: from davidjohnson on 2:02 pm on Oct. 15, 2006[br]Reet

That would be third home on her side of the track, Regime who is Racing Post Trophy bound was first home on the ‘wrong’ side in the Goffs Million.<br>

Correct, of course DJ; should’ve looked closer!:(

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.