The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Finding 7% plus

Home Forums Archive Topics Systems Finding 7% plus

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    mal1964
    • Total Posts 60

hi Kopwas , glad you found it on Massey . I have been looking at many systems over the last 3 years and like every one else havnt found a system that you can just place the bets and make a profit. The only way i could think of was to change my way of thinking and try a "stop at a winner" system. This works for me as i have the time to be at the laptop every day , so placing the bets as they come along and then stopping when i have won actually works for me.
    I still think that the RPR are the best for potential fave horses , all i have to do is check before the off and check if the majority of backers think the same way . If the RPR highest rated horse is fave before the off its a bet , if not leave alone .It takes me 10 mins to type down the horse in each race at the start of the day , look at the tissue price and thats it .
    Why does it work for me ? simple really , i have no interest in looking over form , track ,weather , personal handycapping and speed figures ,all we want at the end of the day is to make money on betting.
    past results for this system are 8x1st winners 5x2nd winners and 7x3rd winners =20 winners in the first 3 races in the last 25 days , There was no loosing days

Kopwas
    Participant
    • Total Posts 148

Hi mal, no I didn’t find it over there as it’s a very confusing place :D It is the win2win one?
    Can you give me a pointer to which area it is in?

mal1964
    • Total Posts 60

Hi Kopwas ,
    Go to Adrian Massey ,on his home page on the L/H/S go into forum scroll down page to horse racing systems . At the bottom of this page is where you will find it under lesleyone

Kopwas
    Participant
    • Total Posts 148

Great, thanks mal finally got there :)

mal1964
    • Total Posts 60

pleasure and good luck

mal1964
    • Total Posts 60

as i have said before i think my RPR top rated horse =fave going to post system could be added to well here we go . I have checked this over the past month and it gave 80% winners the problem came checking it back further , as we are all aware the weather hit the horseracing badley with the snow and everything else so for that reason i couldnt rely on true results.
    Lets have a look how to increase the winners with less bets , with the old system we have a pick that gives us 55% winners now lets have a look at Masseys site . Only look at star rated races from 1-5 , if his top rated horse is the same as our system picks this is a bet.
    todays so far my system has 4/5 winners if i would of added the massey thread 2/2 winners there was a 3rd pick Hawridge star i think it went off a close 2nd fave or maybe joint not sure,but it did win. I would love to start a new thread on theses picks but it will only be a pick when they go to post ,any suggestions please .Perhaps i could marry them up and if they are faves then bet and if not no bet .

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4375

Selections for Saturday April 3
    Carlisle
    4.00 MR WOODS +Tsp 5/2

Haydock
    2.55 NOUN de la THINTE +Tsp 7/4

5.45 WOOD YER +TSP 15/8

Kempton
    240 AZIZI 6/4

315 SHAMWARI LODGE 7/4 Won 13/8

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4375

Selections for Sunday April 4

Towcester 2.10 WILLIAM HOGARTH +Tsp 6/4

Plumpton 5.00 SPENT +Tsp 6/4

A clutch of small other prices today with early prices being all odds on

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4375

Having the afternoon to myself and as

mal1964

would say could spend it with my laptop and therefore able to conduct an experiment along the lines of mal1964’s betting style STOPPING AT A WINNER.

The paper experiment went something like this with WINDSTAR as my first selection . . .

LOST!

In theory I would have had to increase my next stake, not knowing how much mal1964 would have made his increase so again in theory I made it

double!

Now I am sweating, despite this being a simple paper experiment but GEOGRAPHY was my system second choice favourite going to post, my heart pounding and I am starting to feel the sweat breaking out. How close the race was I will never know but the race caller made it sound like the closest race ever,

or perhaps it was just the way I heard it.

Well it WON!

If I had real money on it I think I would have had heart failure and thank goodness I would not have to go to race number three, I stopped at a winner.

All I can say is mal1964 must have nerves of steel, I take my hat off to you if you do as you say and go through this each and every day and you deserve every penny you win cos’ it ain’t for me.

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4375

Easter Bank Holiday Monday

No qualifying selection today.

It,s Brown 2.25 Chepstow at 6/5 looks the closest to 6/4 and Lady Pilot 2.05 Fakenham has an early price at 1/1.

What a good job they did not make the "price-cut"

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4375

Tuesday April 6

NO SELECTIONS ……

again!

Billy's Outback Shack

mal1964
    • Total Posts 60

Hi Billion , i must admit that i do twitch a little when the first 2 loose and the 3rd happns to be odds onn , but sometimes i miss it out and go for the next one.

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4375

Hiya

mal1964

I know I was just "playing the game" for a little fun and did not stand to win or lose which ever way it went but the feelings were the same, the tension rose perhaps because I was trying to test the situation and I did not like it.

A year or so ago I tested the water with a little "Laying" and the situation felt much about the same, I became very stressed and soon packed it in because all the fun went out of it.

If you can handle the stress and you make a penny or two, as I said all credit to you because this game takes all sorts of different folk and we all need each other.

Well done my friend.

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4375

Selections for Wednesday April 7

Catterick 2.10 KINGSWINFORD +Tsp 5/2 (available)

Nottingham 3.50 TASTAHIL +Tsp 11/4 (available) LOST

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4375

Selection Thursday April 8

Aintree 3.10 BABY RUN 7/2

Taunton 2.25 RECIF DE THAIX 9/4 (NOT Odds Checker Fav)

(I have ignored Topspeed as it does not look to have any influence with regard to the results)

I am breaking the 6/4 minimum rule today with: –

IMPERIAL COMMANDER Aintree 3.10 at 11/10 available with only 5 declared I found it too hard to let pass.

=========================================================

Question for

mal1964

if you will be pleased to answer.

With 3 years running a similar system as this RPR (1) and fav. have you found results poorer during the seasonal changes i.e. Jumps to Flat (say April to June) and then Flat to Jumps (say October to December)?

Billy's Outback Shack

mal1964
    • Total Posts 60

Hi Billion , yes the system dosnt seem to win as well but there are still plenty of winners . The most interesting change comes when there is a big meeting onn like Chelters or Aintree or others , for that week it seems to loose more than it wins , i always thought it was because trainers concentrated on the big meetings and that is the only time i keep my stake to a minimum.
    Whilst i am writing this i could do with some help on a staking plan for another system that i have . its only 3 horses a day with a 58% strike rate over the last 5 months. If this is ok i will post it later .
    Thanks Billion and everyone , good look

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4375

mal1964

Thanks again for your honest help and answer.
    I think winner finding for

systems

always goes through rough patches at these times and as you say at

Festivals

which is why the system cynics deplore them so much.
    I am not too good with staking plans but look forward to your posting as I am sure there will be someone who can help.
    =========================================================

Selections Friday April 9

A little tweaking adjustment going on in the hope of getting an improvement.

Aintree 2.00 MENORAH 6/4

Aintree 2.35 BURTON PORT 5/2

Others of interest were Araucaria 5.30 Aintree 11/4 (HUGE field), Oddsmaker 2.50 Muss 11/8, King Forrest 2.25 Kempton 11/8

Billy's Outback Shack

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.