The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Favourite bookie…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

I’ve had accounts with a range of firms over the years and have found that the level of service offered by each varies quite alarmingly. It’s always astounded me just how different one company is from another, the independent/chain scenario aside, and there are some that stand head and shoulders above the remainder.

The likes of Betdirect and Bluesq are fantastic as far as I’m concerned – excellent websites, easy to use and quick payouts – but Ladbrokes, Coral and William Hill are dreadful in comparison. The former in particular. VCBet are also quick to return winnings, which is one of the first things I look for I have to say, but they’re quicker in restricting how much you can stake at any one time, even if you’ve won relatively little.

So who do you place your faith in of an afternoon – is it one of the big three, who presumably mess people about just because they can, or do you stay faithful to the ‘smaller’ organisations?

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

I like Stan James for their anti-gambling stance. So concerned were they with my punting that, rather than refer me to Gamcare, they restricted my bets to the likes of 66p. If only the others were so concerned with my welfare.

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Why bet with bookies with Betfair around?

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I like Paddy Power. Good website. lots of early prices and decent customer service

They often price competitively too

slipperytoadslipperytoad
    • Total Posts 419

Stan James for the fact that when entering exacta and trifecta perms you just click on your preferences in terms of likely placed positions for your choices, the software works out the perm for you..

saves a lot of clicking and time .. :biggrin:

(Edited by slipperytoad at 1:28 pm on June 3, 2007)

alan1
    • Total Posts 167

Got to be Blue Sq for me. So easy to use.

Alchemist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

:biggrin:  @ Mounty<br>

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

VCBet for me, but then again I don’t bet with millions like LetsGetRacing. :biggrin:

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Surely the only factor when betting with online firms is price and ability to get on.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I don’t like using bookies generally .. I got shouted at and thrown out of our local Laddies a few years ago and I haven’t been back, too often.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from dave jay on 8:11 am on June 4, 2007[br]I don’t like using bookies generally .. I got shouted at and thrown out of our local Laddies a few years ago and I haven’t been back, too often.

You didn’t say what you were thrown out for DJ ??

Probably after losing your proverbial b-ollocks, they refused to take a bet off you as you were too late up to the counter, the horse duly bolts up, you had a few beverages taken, so you abuse the staff for doing their job. The staff don’t make the rules, a thing a lot of disgruntled punters seem to forget, its as if the staff had screwed you out of all your money, not your own fault of course !. I use to work part time in a Bookie shop, its a general scenario that happens virtually everyday in every bookie shop. Not saying this is what happened where you are concerned, just a generalisation, DJ.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Probably after losing your proverbial b-ollocks<br> madman marz  Posted on 6:15 pm on June 4, 2007

<br>:biggrin:  .. I didn’t think they did that until they were sure they had your house keys ?

qzy
    • Total Posts 6

Bet365 are currently Best Odds Guaranteed on ALL racing, and as I don’t bet in huge sums this has served me well recently…..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.