The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fav Racing Website

Home Forums Horse Racing Fav Racing Website

Viewing 9 posts - 35 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 602

Can you not access Betfair Radio, Myles? Given the number of overseas emails we get, I’d assumed it was a globally-accessible resource.

I actually listened to Betfair Radio for the first time on Sunday as Jeremy mentioned he was on, and it was very enjoyable indeed. Jeremy and some chap called Bob offered some excellent expert opinions, and I can tell you that Mr. Grayson did pick at least a couple of winners!

Darren – AngloGerman

• Total Posts 602

What can you tell me of Liang Kay?

To be honest, the horse I was really following for the classics this year was Pomellato, but he’s got a really bad injury and Peter Schiergen reckons he might miss all of this year. There are several good German Derby trials at the end of the year. Liang Kay was second in the Cologne one, but I tend to look at the Maurice Lacroix Trophy at Baden-Baden. OK, Mick Channon usually walks off with it, but it’s about time that race threw up a Derby wnner – but none of the first 3 are entered!!

If you’re thinking of an ante post bet on the German Derby, be warned – a third of the field were non runners last year because Hamburg was an absolute bog, as it tends to be. Personally, I’ll probably wait to the day before doing any bets.

Darren – AngloGerman

• Total Posts 1688

Not really searching for the ante-post wager – just wanted to know about Liang Kay! :D He’s the favourite in that market I saw.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

I actually listened to Betfair Radio for the first time on Sunday as Jeremy mentioned he was on, and it was very enjoyable indeed. Jeremy and some chap called Bob offered some excellent expert opinions, and I can tell you that Mr. Grayson did pick at least a couple of winners!

Bless you, Darren, and thanks for listening. All feedback, positive and negative, is always gratefully received!

We enjoyed ourselves hugely on Sunday – despite being left high and dry with two or three race starts on ATR – so I’d glad if that came across. I do most of my stints with Bob “The Hot Dog” Adams (who splits his time between BR and Sportscall) and David Stewart (fellow former Sportsman colleague), and we all get on fabulously, which always helps.

You’re being very good not mentioning that all my better priced winners were on the Flat at Kempton, btw… 8)

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

• Total Posts 602

Not really searching for the ante-post wager – just wanted to know about Liang Kay! :D He’s the favourite in that market I saw.

No worries! He’s trained by Uwe Ostmann, one of the more senior trainers in Germany who is best known for training horses owned by the Auenquelle Stud – yellow with a black and red stripe are their colours. However, he’s lost the services of jockey Andreas Boschert, who has returned to his native Austria this year. Liang Kays sire, Dai Jin, won the German Derby in 2003 and off the top of my head, I think he handled soft. Liang Kay won a maiden race before finishing second in the ‘Winter Favourites’ race at Cologne, which usually gives a few decent pointers to the following years classics in Germany.

Darren – AngloGerman

• Total Posts 602

Bless you, Darren, and thanks for listening. All feedback, positive and negative, is always gratefully received!

We enjoyed ourselves hugely on Sunday – despite being left high and dry with two or three race starts on ATR – so I’d glad if that came across. I do most of my stints with Bob “The Hot Dog” Adams (who splits his time between BR and Sportscall) and David Stewart (fellow former Sportsman colleague), and we all get on fabulously, which always helps.

You’re being very good not mentioning that all my better priced winners were on the Flat at Kempton, btw… 8)

gc

Yes, I heard Bob mention that!! But it was really enjoyable and although I wasn’t able to listen to all of it, what I heard was really good, and you’ve got yourself a new regular listener!!

I practised a bit of commentating myself, and developed a rather worrying high pitch at times. It sounded like At the Races being hijacked by the Bee Gees!! I’m so please it wasn’t broadcast!!

Darren – AngloGerman

Mr Frisk
    Participant
    • Total Posts 163

If you’re into American racing, this blog is worth a look.

http://theraceisnottotheswift.blogspot.com/

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

I practised a bit of commentating myself, and developed a rather worrying high pitch at times. It sounded like At the Races being hijacked by the Bee Gees!! I’m so please it wasn’t broadcast!!

:mrgreen:

I’m loving the idea of that!

Not quite same as that commentator from the Swiss footage you sent me the link to, then, who sounded like Raleigh Gilbert mumbling into a kettle in three languages at once…

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

moscow05
    • Total Posts 8

My favourites beside those aready listed would be :

http://form.horseracing.betfair.com/

http://www.goracing.ie

and http://www.brucebetting.com at weekends for the excellent Donn Mc Clean

setanta sports news is also improving.

The Irish Sports section of betfair is occasionally good for insightful analysis from likes of centerfield, keenleader, monksfield, platini, prospero, irish whisper and the recently hounded out EMI.

Viewing 9 posts - 35 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.