The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fav Racing Website

Home Forums Horse Racing Fav Racing Website

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

There are several racing websites the Racing Post, At The Races etc.

Which is/are your fav site/s and why?

• Total Posts 1800

unfortunate post, surrounded as it is by stacks of spam-ads for other racing websites :lol:

Racing Post for me, purely because of what it contains for free, it has everything as far as i am concerned and if you have an internet connection there is no need for you to ever be cleaning black ink off your hands again

Timeform – you either like their products or you don’t, i don’t mind em

ATR – i have to admit i only go there when they announce free competitions – so far i’ve blagged a pair of tickets for ascot, which was nice, though i did have to email their competions dept and ask whether it was me that won, the parents, sisters, cats or the fish or my invisible friend – and then explain why they couldn’t go but wanted me too – got em though :wink:

irish racing – sometimes i look at this site if just to get a different slant on reviews or going – rp form engine i think

turform – the irish timeform website but i don’t yet think much of their products, which is a shame as though they are 5 euros a card if you know how you can get them for nowt – i still pop in and blag one every now and then

sporting life – don’t use it much. the opening betfair market seems to be based on rp tissue though occasionally if rp don’t put their tissue up before betfair put the cards up ive noticed people will use the sporting life tissue which can vary quite a lot – you can nick the odd bargain rice if you can be arsed to look out for that, however it has a link to ….

oddschecker – i quite often find myself pinging this site every evening for tomorrows racing

ive checked my favourites and there’s no others not counting betting sites, which don’t count do they ? i do look at other sites, sometimes for u.s. racing (there’s a few of them), tabracing for the aussie stuff, saftote for the south african but rarely these days and the godolphin website so i can pointlessly enter the 7stars comp each year

however, it has to be …. Racing Post

oops, forgot this one, its quite good too

Oh So Sharp
    • Total Posts 86

Not a website, but ‘Have Your Say’ on teletext racing on Channel 4 is always good for a laugh…lol

NWRA
    • Total Posts 259

The Racing Post and Oddschecker are essential.

I look at the At The Races website sometimes: for their video form, tips for each race, and to read Dave Duggan’s column.

The only other websites I use are Betfair (for betting and to look at the forum if I’m bored) and Ze Turf (http://www.zeturf.com/en/) if I’m betting in France. A few of the posters on here have good blogs too.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Racing Post – has to be.

• Total Posts 1800

how much is the RP a year now ? the same money will get you broadband and a free laptop

bluechariot
    Participant
    • Total Posts 624

flatstats.co.uk for me

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Sorry about the ads – They shouldn’t be appearing in posts. I’ll get it sorted tomorrow hopefully.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

I find Adrian Massey’s site very useful, an amazing amount of information and it’s all FREE!!!

Colin

• Total Posts 1402

Looking at my racing favourites folder I have in addition to the ones already metioned:

Tattersalls and Doncaster Bloodstock sales as I like to look at the auction catalogues online

The BHA admin site for checking entries and declarations for my horses

And of course http://www.stratfordbardsracing.co.uk :D

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

http://www.tbheritage.com/ is a wonderful site for those interested in the history of the sport and the throughbred racehorse.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Without doubt the RP website

Because its so familiar, its easy to forget how good it is. Find it hard to imagine doing without it now

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

Agree with tbheritage. A good site.

I also like this 2yo one that I mentioned on MDeering’s conformation thread.

http://www.b2yor.co.uk/b2yor_home.htm

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Sorry about the ads – They shouldn’t be appearing in posts. I’ll get it sorted tomorrow hopefully.

You don’t we might ban you :lol:

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Not a website, but ‘Have Your Say’ on teletext racing on Channel 4 is always good for a laugh…lol

I do like reading teletext but have your say is largely terrible, I think some of the quotes on their are just put on by teletext to provoke people to respond, such as:

"Tony McCoy is the worst jockey on the planet, he has never won a grand national, ruby is king, who agrees?"

"Ruby Walsh is the worst jockey on the planet, Tony McCoy is king, who agrees"

"Exotic Dancer will win the gold cup, kauto star is rubbish, lump on now"

Some of the quotes I saw about mccoy on there after his injury were properly savage, I couldnt help but think what if he’s reading that on a hospital TV.

I do like http://www.irishracing.com as anytime my computer packs in I can still get on this one in work, the Racing Post etc are blocked. Its basically my plan B website, but its reliable.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

http://www.tbheritage.com/ is a wonderful site for those interested in the history of the sport and the throughbred racehorse.

Thats an excellent site V…. I have never seen before. I had a look at the history of Steeplechasing and could swear I saw our fellow member "Himself" in one of those old paintings :lol:

Joking aside brilliant!!!!!

Oh So Sharp
    • Total Posts 86

I do like reading teletext but have your say is largely terrible, I think some of the quotes on their are just put on by teletext to provoke people to respond, such as:

"Tony McCoy is the worst jockey on the planet, he has never won a grand national, ruby is king, who agrees?"

"Ruby Walsh is the worst jockey on the planet, Tony McCoy is king, who agrees"

"Exotic Dancer will win the gold cup, kauto star is rubbish, lump on now"

Some of the quotes I saw about mccoy on there after his injury were properly savage, I couldnt help but think what if he’s reading that on a hospital TV.

I do like http://www.irishracing.com as anytime my computer packs in I can still get on this one in work, the Racing Post etc are blocked. Its basically my plan B website, but its reliable.

A while back, someone posted a tip, a few people backed it without even knowing the guy and texted in to complain afterwards, so they lost twice…lol

There was also this ongoing debate as to whether you would want the leader of a race to fall if your horse was in second place, approaching the last….in went on for a while…lol

Their ‘Clued Up’ section is quite interesting, just to know who their ‘Lay of The Day’ is and reasons why and Deja Vu i.e horses or trainer trends in certain races…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.