The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fao Librettist – RE: Mofarij

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Fao Librettist – RE: Mofarij

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Hi mate,

I fixed it for you to get an opinion on the Godolphin horse Mofarij.

Mofarij is a fine looking 3 year old Chestnut who I feel will benefit from a drop down in trip, perhaps even to 6f but more than likely 7f. He is a half brother to the high class Iffraaj who was a multiple winner in Group 2 races around 6f/7f. Like most of his family, Mofarij should make a decent 4 year old and will no doubt be aimed at some top 6f/7f races next season.

He started his career with a pleasing 2nd place in a hot Newmarket 7f maiden behind Michael Stoutes Spanish Moon, who has yet to be seen since. Mofarij then wintered in Dubai and easily landed the odds in a weak looking 1 mile maiden at Nad El Sheba, though this remains his sole success. He dissappointed on his return to England, finishing last of 4 when not appearing suited by the Windsor race track before once again dissappointing at Epsom over 7 furlongs.

Mofarij doesn’t currently hold any entries and I feel he may have been put away for the season after his lack lustre runs to date. It’s noticeable that most of his family have form on firm and good to firm ground, yet this horse has only ever ran on good or softer ground. I have a strong hunch that as a 4 year old or perhaps later this season he will be campaigned on faster ground around 6f and 7f. A strongly run race will suit him also as he seems a little tempremental and a fast run race will help him settle better. I feel the best is yet to come from this horse.

All the best,

Mike

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.