The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

"Fancy A Quickie?"

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems "Fancy A Quickie?"

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

oh dear – at this rate, the system will be abandoned before i get to post the rules…

26 December 06 <br>1:45 kempton – DESERT QUEST   Lost, 8/1<br>1:50 huntingdon – CLOUDLESS DAWN   Lost, 5/2<br>2:40 sedgefield – LOULOU NIVERNAIS   3rd, 5/2<br>2:40 wincanton – ITSMYBOY   Lost, 10/1

<br>27 December 06<br>2:05 chepstow – L’AVENTURE<br>2:25 wetherby – ARMAGUEDON

non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

28 December 06<br>5:50 wolverhampton – SWEET MEDICINE

non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

update this evening (they all lost!)

29 December 06<br>2:00 southwell – PRINCESS TOTO<br>4:20 wolverhampton – SNOW DANCER

non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

2 more losers to end with and I’ve called a halt to this pain.

The rules were:

1. Selection is 2+ pts clear on Adjusted RPR<br>2. Reject if the selection is the RP forecast favourite/joint/co-fav<br>3. Reject if the selection is the RP Spotlight Selection<br>4. Reject if there are more than 2 horses without RPRs<br>5. Reject if the RP tissue favourite/joint favourite/co-fav has no RPR

The idea was that it would highlight horses with a form chance but that were possibly going to be underbet or strongly opposed in the market.

It worked ok for a while and threw up some nice winners (Tagula Blue for one), but I think the system was too simplistic and went on to pick horses which, for one reason or another, were poor value or very unlikely to win.

I will not be backing these blindly or continuing with this as a system, but will still look to see what qualifies and assess these horses closely.

The show must go on…     :cool:

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.