The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fairyhouse NH Flat Race 6.00

Home Forums Horse Racing Fairyhouse NH Flat Race 6.00

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

Why don’t more of the mainland trainers send horses out for this?

100k with nearly 60k to the winner and almost a third of the field to get prize money, surely some trainers in England have something that they could aim at this?

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

Mainland??? :D :D :D

1) It’s an Irish sales race.

2) There’s an open bumper at Aintree this weekend with a decent purse.

3) English trainers could be forgiven for believing that the Irish bumpers are more competitive.

4) It’s a long way to travel with an unexposed sort.

With the above considered, I’d say three is a decent turnout.

As a side note, it will be very interesting to see how Henderson’s unraced but well-bred Snake Eyes gets along. Especially when considering the fact that Nicky isn’t mad keen on bumpers at all.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

Are NH horses not as tough as flat horses, in that they can’t turn out twice in a week?

It’s not as if bumper races are run at full pelt and Aintree would be on the way back from Ireland anyway.

As regards the rubbish G3 highlighted in another thread, a chance missed by trainers?

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

I wouldn’t know the actual cost of transporting a horse to Ireland to run and the various expenses incurred but I imagine they are prohibitive enough to make a speculative trip far too expensive.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

Irrespective of where the runners are from given the pedigrees on show it will be disappointing if this race doesn’t produce at least one or two pretty useful performers – on paper it looks much stronger than the DBS races.

freeradical
    • Total Posts 336

Looked a decent bumper to me, expect there to be a number of winners from it next year (a lot of horse ran green, e.g. Thunder and Roses). Snake Eyes was sent for home far too early and no doubt we will see him in JP’s colours next year in Novice hurdles.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.