The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Exotic Dancer…

Home Forums Horse Racing Exotic Dancer…

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Biotechy
    • Total Posts 120

RIP Exotic Dancer.
    Why is it Aintree always has more fatalitys than Cheltenham.Is it faster going or is the flat track too speedy.
    Loved that horse & my day has been wasted with that terrible news.
    Great horse who has won me a few quid incidentally.

• Total Posts 1402

RIP Exotic Dancer.
    Why is it Aintree always has more fatalitys than Cheltenham.Is it faster going or is the flat track too speedy.
    Loved that horse & my day has been wasted with that terrible news.
    Great horse who has won me a few quid incidentally.

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that horses are much more likely to burst a blood vessel on fast ground and presumably both heart and lungs are put under more strain because the horses run faster on fast ground (and have to maintain a higher heart rate for longer).

Chris B
    • Total Posts 145

R I P. Gutted. :cry:

Poor Hannah who looks after him must be in bits. I can’t imagine what it must be like to have this happen to the animal you care for every day and treat like a family pet.

Hell of a horse and very unfortunate to have been around at the same time as one exceptional horse, as he really deserved to have won more of the big races.

Always gave his all and had a never say die attitude, ran his heart out today, literally.. One of my favourite horses of the past few years.

I will really miss seeing him line up in all the big races next season.

:cry:

endevour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 99

RIP exotic dancer its always sad to see these warriors die more so when they are well known,they always seem to go that stride quicker at liverpool,,dont think its the ground seems to have been heavily watered according to times.

Participant
    • Total Posts 735

RIP Exotic Dancer.

Such a shame, a extremely talented horse who was unfortunate to come up against an above average horse in Kauto. His win in the Lexus is the very least he deserved.

Feel sorry for all connected with him.

KendalCavalier
    Participant
    • Total Posts 412

As much as I love my beloved NH I do sometimes wonder whether I should. Very sad.

And as a previous poster suggested (although it was not BBC cameras) I don’t think Sunset & Vine will be winning any more awards this year for their Aintree coverage having relayed that shocking picture of Mel In Blue in absolute agony for what seemed (I know it wasn’t) an eternity. Made me feel very uneasy and to be honest unable to justify why I love the National fences.

As an aside I am also very concerned about what Aintree have done with regards to the spaces now beside each of the fences whereby they now have the option to bypass fences in the National. Surely they cannot run a National without jumping all 30 fences but perhaps more importantly Andrew Tulloch couldn’t really give an adequate reposte when it was suggested that loose horses could now in fact run quite happily in the opposite direction around the fences and towards the oncoming field when they go out on the second curcuit. Now that is a horrid accident waiting to happen. A terrible terrible addition.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6009

Sad news

Thanks for providing us with fine entertainment Exotic Dancer

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9299

I’m glad you mentioned that KC because when I first heard about it yesterday I thought it was because it was April 1. I’m really concerned that this could create more problems than it will solve..what of loose horses running round the fences and then veering sharply left to rejoin the other horses; in fact I’ve worked out no end of scenarios in my head of possible problems and hope that I’m proved wrong.As for Mel in Blue I found that terribly upsetting. A sad day all round, really, but, big as the National fences are it’s the other course that frightens me, very fast and unforgiving.

Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 384

It is such a sad sad side to racing. It’s heartbreaking but god, the poor groom, owner and all connections. The Gold Cup won’t be the same without him. RIP x

goodlife
    • Total Posts 103

They don’t come any braver or more genuine than Exotic Dancer. I remember him winning the Letheby & Christopher chase at Cheltenham in January,2007. The ground was heavy, the first time he had tackled such conditions but he ran on with gusto, beating Our Vic by eighteen lengths. He won three chases at Cheltenham that season and but for Kauto Star he would have also won the King George and the Gold Cup.
    A very sad day for jump racing to lose such an indefatigable campaigner.R.I.P., old fella.

Participant
    • Total Posts 232

He was not put down… he sadly died of a heart attack in the vets box in the stables, his lass told jonjo he was not himself, and the vet was just about to look at him when he laid down and went to sleep, very sad, one horse I have followed, for the last few years…..

RIP Warrior

• Total Posts 1982

Devastating news.

A wonderful athlete who displayed incredible consistency over the years and would’ve collected a Gold Cup and probably two King Georges but for Kauto Star.

I remember backing him on just about every occasion in 06-07 and his victory in the Paddy Power will live on in the memory.

Victories in the Letheby & Christopher, Betfair Bowl and Lexus Chase illustrated his ability.

Exotic Dancer was somewhat unlucky to be around during the same era as Kauto Star, but the latter was very lucky to have him.

My condolences to connections on such an unexpected loss.

R I P, Exotic Dancer. Free from pain.

• Total Posts 433

today has ended on a sour note,happy heavenly hacking exotic and mel.

sea pidgeon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 326

Im typing this with a tear in my eye,did not know of this tradgedy till I logged on. I agree with all you guys/girls that he was unlucky to be around in such exalted company, or he would have most definately have won a few more ribbons.Cant just remember exactly what year it was,[maybe 3 yearsago at Chelt.] when he was impeded by another horse just as he was making his move 2 fences out and was still only beaten a length or so at the line by Kauto.

R.I.P The Dancer

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

I’ve been at work all day and mised the whole thing. I’ve only just found out coming on here. How horribly sad for both horses and connections, and just the sort of thing that makes you slightly sheepish about being a fan of NH racing.
    I’m doing a sweepstake on my American forum for the National, and I’m not going to tell them about this. They’d be rightfully horrified. They think it’s all a bit of fun.
    It can be but the fun always comes with your heart in your mouth. :?

strawbear
    Participant
    • Total Posts 229

Awful news, one of my favorite horses of recent times, always gave 100%.

will be missed.

Magistretti
    • Total Posts 74

Tragic news, RIP Exotic Dancer. :(

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.