The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Excusez Moi & Ladbrokes?

Home Forums Horse Racing Excusez Moi & Ladbrokes?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

The strangest thing happened this morning as I was perusing the prices for Ripon’s 3.30.
    Ladbrokes who had been tightest of all at 11/4, suddenly went out on a limb at 7/2 – half a point higher than any other bookmaker, and 0.3 higher than Betfair? Fair enough, they had shortened the 2nd fav from 4 to 7/2, but I thought that a three-quarter point drift, at this time in the morning, was rare enough to be unique.
    Now I don’t know whether they have an ‘in’ with the stable, but David Chapman’s shrewd enough not to get involved in such amateurism, and though I’ve taken advantage of their apparent generosity, there must surely be some reason for this unprecedented munificence.
    I do understand the horse is a rogue, but so was he when they formed the early market, Can anyone shed any light on this phenomenon?

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1988

They’re setting a honey trap for arbers so they can close the accounts. Either that or they’ve noticed Richard Evans isn’t on Vhujon this afternoon or both.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Or there was early money for John Quinns from 16/1 to 8/1 :wink:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’m still as perplexed as I was before the race.
    How could Ladbrokes foresee the drift and demise with such clarity, that they had the confidence to make it open season for arbers, for the best part of 2 hours too?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.