The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Eternal Stakes 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Eternal Stakes 2009

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 669

This looks an intriguing contest. Golden Stream can’t have been selected

2/1 RP tissue fav around this tight track on the basis of her pedigree. You

have to give Willie Haggas’s Damaniyat Girl (12/1) a real chance on

the basis of her gutsy effort around Lingfield in the Group 3 last month.

She should certainly give 4/1 2nd Fav Shamwari Lodge a close encounter

having finished behind her on her debut last season. Granted, jockey

booking could be more inspiring.

Anyone hazard an opinion on what the gamble will be?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’ve gone through the race a couple of times now and I’m struggling to work out why Faraway Flower is forecast to go off at 6/1. She won impressively on debut, ran well behind Fantasia at Goodwood when meeting trouble in running, ran Bonnie Charlie to a head at Doncaster and stayed on all too late behind Serious Attitude in the Cheveley Park.

She’s the class act in the field and if she’s straight for this race, which she surely will be, she’ll take some stopping.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Just what the Big Races section was created for.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

In the grand scheme of things a midweek Listed race at Warwick isn’t going to blow your b*llocks off, but as the highlight of a relatively mundane day’s racing why not offer it the spotlight?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

It’s a poor race, the kind of low-grade listed contest where more are running to gain black type for the breeding sheds than are seriously out to win.
    Faraway Flower may struggle for pace on fast ground around this sharp track, even though stepped up in trip, and Damaniyat Girl would be interesting dropped back a furlong, if it wasn’t for the blinkers.
    Shamwari Lodge would be happy with a place, and Golden Stream has a favourite’s chance after appearing not to get home against Falmouth Stakes entry Moneycantbuymelove. The booking of Jamie Spencer in the absence of Ryan Moore suggests serious intent also, though I’d take Favourite Girl at a more attractive 9/1.
    Twice listed placed already, she showed she is returning to her good 2yo form with a staying on 3rd in a hot York sprint, and, with the step up in trip to help her along, shouldn’t really be out of the first 3.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Am liking Foundation Room. Forget her last run, ran in some valuable prizes last year, form ties in with Penny’s Gift and Fareer, will love the ground. 14s is barmy in a very open looking race.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

SMS has given Jamie Spencer some really good advice on the riding of Golden Stream here. "When you come into the winning enclosure remember nad smile for the cameras" :)

The 7/4 was snatched up before I could get on but 6/4 is stealing money.

She looked all over the winner at Ascot but faltered in the last half furlong.

She ran in the Pretty Polly with a view to running in the Oaks but never got the trip.

Back over 7 furlongs for the first time since beating Midday just over 1 length into 3rd at Newmarket this is most likely her ideal trip.

It’s not like SMS to bring a filly out so quickly after a hard race. You can be guranteed she has come out of that race very well and I can’t see any of these even troubling her.

I expect her to win in a canter.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Golden Stream’s gonna need to kick on about 2 1/2f out to win this.

Shame that’s where the turn-in is.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Following Faraway Flower’s defection, I’ve had an each-way interest in Andrew Balding’s Foundation Room. Any number of things went wrong for her last time, not least the ground, and with conditions seemingly ideal today she could prove much better than her rating of 88.

I agree with Zarkava that 14/1 is too big.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Bend? what bend?..she was too busy looking good to notice it. :wink:

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

:lol:

And idiot me ended up watching Damaniyat Girl thinking she was Foundation Room…

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 669

SMS has given Jamie Spencer some really good advice on the riding of Golden Stream here. “When you come into the winning enclosure remember nad smile for the cameras” :)

[i:1z0jfzgw]The 7/4 was snatched up before I could get on but 6/4 is stealing money.

She looked all over the winner at Ascot but faltered in the last half furlong.

She ran in the Pretty Polly with a view to running in the Oaks but never got the trip.

Back over 7 furlongs for the first time since beating Midday just over 1 length into 3rd at Newmarket this is most likely her ideal trip.

It’s not like SMS to bring a filly out so quickly after a hard race. You can be guranteed she has come out of that race very well and I can’t see any of these even troubling her.

I expect her to win in a canter.[/[/i:1z0jfzgw]quote]

1 Golden Stream 6/5F
    2 Damaniyat Girl 5/1
    3 Select 40/1
    [/color:1z0jfzgw]

Very shrewd, Fist. Hope you had plenty on!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.