The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Eric Legrix

Home Forums Horse Racing Eric Legrix

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Eric Legrix seems a pretty good rider on paper. Anyone know what he’s like? His style, strong points etc …
    Parlez vous Anglais? :lol:

perks
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28

Eric Legrix – didn’t realise he was still riding. Got to be in his fifties now surely? From what I remember about him, he rode for the Wildenstein family for a while then went over to try his luck in Hong Kong but I’ve not heard of him for a while.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Hi Perks
    He’s only 42 :shock: ………. :lol: Definitely still riding! Just don’t know a lot about him apart from his wins, that sort of thing.

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

I was at Longchamp one mid-week afternoon a few (3?) years ago. Typical midweek fixture with high class racing, but hardly any punters.

Eric won a group race and was coming back in (about to go under the tunnel and into the paddock) when someone at the back of the 2nd tier of the stands shouted "Bravo Eric!".

LeGrix looked up at the near-empty stand, smiled, waved and shouted back "merci", which I thought was a nice touch.

… but that’s about all I know about him.

Steve

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Well that’s nice! Sounds like he appreciates a winner no matter what (and the crowd!)
    Thanks Steve. :D

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

Well that’s nice! Sounds like he appreciates a winner no matter what (and the crowd!)

As he wasn’t a top jock, it would have been a good earner for him (it was the Hocquart – and the horse was Rouget’s 2nd string, Lord Du Sud).

But I thought it was more a sign of him being a nice, friendly guy.

Steve

Longchamp Lad
    • Total Posts 35

Eric is (was) particularly good in the high class handicaps in France. Since returning from Hong Kong he doesn’t seem quite the rider he was with other jockeys like Soumillon, Lemaire and Peslier dominating the local scene.

the welsh wizard
    • Total Posts 352

Eric Legrix seems a pretty good rider on paper. Anyone know what he’s like? His style, strong points etc …
    Parlez vous Anglais? :lol:

What does the paper surface ride like? Do Southwell know of its existence?

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

What does the paper surface ride like? Do Southwell know of its existence?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.