The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Empowered – half brother of Authorized

Home Forums Horse Racing Empowered – half brother of Authorized

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3214

This 3-y-old colt by Fasiliyev out of Funsie, dam of Authorized, is generally 33/1 in the ante post markets for the Derby, despite the fact that he’s never run and he isn’t even entered for the race!

He’s down to make his debut over 10F in a maiden at Leicester on Thursday, so presumably his 2000 Guineas entry is now only symbolic.

Personally, I’d be surprised if a son of Fasiliyev had sufficient stamina for 12F, given that his only Group 1 winner to date was Chineur over 5F and he’s only produced one 12F pattern winner. That was Steppe Dancer and he had loads of stamina on the dam side.

Anyone here heard about Empowered in his home work? Or is this just hype built on the back of Authorized?

AP

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Definately not hype AP I remember looking out for him running last year…he is very very good and was supposed to be going for a race that Ibn khaldun won at Donnie sorry can’t remember the name.

Apparantly there was nothing wrong with him PCH just decided to give him more time…..As far as where he goes I have no idea but they were talking 2000 guineas last year. I suppose there will be more than a few quid on him on Thursday as everyone and their uncles will know about him by now, so don’t be expecting a big price :cry: .

MDeering
    • Total Posts 1688

Watch on with interest when it comes to these sort of entries – that’s all you can really do.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

If they facied him at Donnie last year and have entered like AP says in a 1m2f maiden you would think they must think he needs a trip

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

AP

Fasliyev also has a Grade 1 winner over two miles and half a furlong. It was in the Champion Bumper mind!!

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Isn’t he also the sire of Cork All Star who won the bumper or is that another horse of a similar name?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Excellent oint Fists!!

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

AP

Fasliyev also has a Grade 1 winner over two miles and half a furlong. It was in the Champion Bumper mind!!

Fasiliyev is responsible for one I’ve e/wd on a few times – Steppe Dancer who is listed Class in Middle distance races on the flat and I think has won a Group3 at 1m4f.

Generally I’ll wait and see what this one can do, 33-1 could probably represent his brother I think. Will wait and see what he does on the track. Think Montjeu tends to do well with the german origin mares and has produced Authorized (Montjeu/Saumarez) and Hurricane Run (Montjeu/Surumu), possibly his best two sons so far.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

What does "oint" mean? :wink:

Colin

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

Oint v. To steal the point of another person above you on a forum without giving them credit.

Good to see FOF now has knowledge of PCH gallops of unraced beasts too.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Excellent oint Fists!!

Sorry excuse the oint David, I misread your post

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Oint v. To steal the point of another person above you on a forum without giving them credit.

Good to see FOF now has knowledge of PCH gallops of unraced beasts too.

Whole world knows about the horse mate you should get out more :)

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3214

Empowered has been declared for the race at Leicester on Thursday – 4:30 race time, field of 15, Alan Munro rides.

AP

MDeering
    • Total Posts 1688

Recent instalments of this race indicate that it does not take an overwhelmingly strong rating to win at this class. Saloon will be friendless again and Downhiller has his claims – but gee, Empowered could win this.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

I normally have the luxury to be abale to bet sporting Life prices with my bookie and whan I saw Empowered being quoted at 3/1 2nd fav called to have a bet. I was told to go and have a long walk of a short pier :lol: He pointed out to me Betfair has him at about 2/5 so it would seem even the uncles uncles sister knows about this one…….I suppose there a chance Cashman’s might offer 1/1’s in th early moring betting….would have a bit on at that if I could.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.