The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Embsay Crag and Stagecoach Pearl

Home Forums Memorials Embsay Crag and Stagecoach Pearl

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Greasepaint
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10

Both reported on other sites as having been fatally injured at Wetherby today.

On the face of the bare facts disappointing to see the latter turned out again only six days after racing and completing in heavy ground.

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

Absolutely heartbroken to see this reported. I wasn’t impressed anyway to see Stagecoach Pearl running again so soon after such a hard race last time. It didn’t surprise me though. I was very worried to see him fall – he’s only fallen once before (and one unseat and was brought down once). Too sad for words. I think I’ve backed him every time he’s run – I just liked him. A bonny, brave horse. I’m finding it hard to cope with this one – deserved a bit of a rest.

And Embsay Crag – game as a lion. Too, too sad. Philip Kirby has reported this on his website although he doesn’t even train him anymore. I don’t think I’ll even be able to watch racing for a while.

UPDATE – Micky Hammond – already – has posted a lovely tribute to little Embsay Crag. This is the sort of thing that influences your decision when it comes to which trainer you place your horses with. If you can ever bear the pain of having a racehorse.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

I used to dream of owning a racehorse one day but soon realised that I wouldn’t be able to cope with it emotionally. Sad to hear of these fatalities; glad I wasn’t at Wetherby today.

• Total Posts 811

Awful to hear about both of them. Embsay Crag was yet another to break a hind leg on the flat approaching a hurdle … Stagecoach took a crashing and totally uncharacteristic fall mid-race (he had only ever failed to complete 3 previosu races) … the commentator said he was up quickly so I guess he too must have broken a leg … Wetherby again but I suppose could have happened anywhere … RIP both of you …
    :cry: :cry: :cry:
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16969

:( :(
    Just too sad for words
    :( :(

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.